Behavioral Health CounselorApply Job ID 25214 Date posted Jan. 23, 2023 Location Appleton, Wisconsin
QuadMed is seeking a part-time Behavioral Health Therapist to support our patient population in Appleton, WI serving The Outagamie County employees and their families. As the Behavioral Health Counselor, this individual will be responsible for providing services to our clients individually as well as in couple and group settings. Evaluates and performs appropriate treatment for clients within the scope of practice with emphasis on quality care and effective delivery of care This position will be responsible for promotion and development of an Behavioral Health client caseload in our health and wellness center.
This position has options for both Full-Time & Part-Time, No weekends or holidays!
- Counsels clients or patients, individually or in group sessions, to assist in overcoming dependencies, adjusting to life, or making changes
- Completes and maintains accurate records or reports regarding the patients' histories and progress, services provided, or other required information
- Develops client treatment plans based on research, clinical experience, and client histories
- Conducts/facilitates chemical dependency program group sessions
- Participates in case conferences or staff meetings
- Coordinates counseling efforts with mental health professionals or other health professionals, such as doctors, nurses, or social workers
- Reviews and evaluates clients' progress in relation to measurable goals described in treatment and care plans
- Interviews clients, review records, and confers with other professionals to evaluate individuals' mental and physical condition and to determine their suitability for participation in a specific program
- Plans or implements follow-up or aftercare programs for clients to be discharged from treatment programs
- Assesses individuals' degree of drug dependency by collecting and analyzing urine samples
- Assesses the level of the mental health issue and assess potential need for medication
- Intervenes as an advocate for clients or patients to resolve emergency problems in crisis situations
- Modifies treatment plans to comply with changes in client status
- Provides clients or family members with information about addiction issues and about available services or programs, making appropriate referrals when necessary
- Coordinates activities with courts, probation officers, community services, or other post-treatment agencies
- Counsels family members to assist them in understanding, dealing with, and supporting clients or patients
- Supervises or directs other workers providing services to clients or patients. Train or supervise student interns or new staff members
- Acts as liaisons between clients and medical staff
- Follows progress of discharged patients to determine effectiveness of treatments
- Maintains strict confidentiality of PHI and adheres to HIPAA regulations
- Be available for Crisis Intervention/Management for individuals, departments, managers and plants
- Works as a consultant for Managers that are calling about difficult employee situations
- Presents relevant educational material for QG employees to assist with their professional/personal growth
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- Graduate from an accredited university or college with a master's degree in Counseling, Psychology or Clinical Social Work
- Minimum of two (2) years' experience providing short-term counseling to individuals and their families in both Mental Health and AODA
- EMR experience preferred
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
- LCSW, LPC or LMFT required.
- Licensed for AODA practice through the Department of Regulation and Licensing within state of practice or have an AODA specialization within their master's degree preferred
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Strong ability to listen actively, communicate both written and verbally, be socially perceptive, think critically is a requirement for this role
- Intermediate computer skills utilizing MS Office is required
- Proven ability to work successfully with diverse populations and demonstrated commitment to promote and enhance diversity and inclusion
Categories at a glance
Explore available opportunities by job type, click each to learn more.
Practice health care with a focus on quality, not quotas. Forge relationships with patients and lead the rest of your care team to do the same.
Make an impact on patients by providing comprehensive care with a strong focus on prevention and improved population health management.
Practice a one-on-one model of caregiving that gets patients back to optimal function inconsistently fewer visits than the national average.
Patient relationships begin with our care team. We drive to make patients the focus of our care. And care team professionals are a very important part of that.
Positively affect the health of populations and see results. We have positions ranging from sales and marketing to IT, finance and operations.
The importance of caring for one another, runs deep. It is at the heart of our healthcare and wellness programs, our retirement plans, all of our benefits. It's how we build rich, balanced lives for ourselves and our families, at work and at home.
From the very beginning, Quad has been defined by the people who work here. Our values, our skills, our creativity – it has all grown from those very first days in business, passed from worker to worker, built on the relationships – the trust – between us. All the presses, computers and technology; all the buildings; all the resources; none of it matters without the people who make Quad work.