Assistant Photo StylistApply Job ID 22315 Date posted Apr.. 25, 2022 Location Austin, Texas Full Time / Part Time Full time (FT)
The Assistant Photo Stylist is expected to demonstrate an artistic design aesthetic in all areas of photography including print, digital and video. Ideal candidates will have a passion for beautiful styling and design in food, tabletop, environmental and lifestyle photography. This individual will assist and support our Food and Prop Stylists in the kitchen and on-set, further developing techniques and presentation skills in this area.
- Assist Stylists in the kitchen and on-set.
- Assist with all facets of on-set styling including product styling, picking up and returning props, organizing, and preparing products and accessories throughout the day.
- Coordinate daily shot lists with Producer, Stylist and Photographer
- Attend all Pre-Production Meetings
- Work with Stylists to create a shopping list for food and props for specific projects.
- Procure food and props, staying within the project budget.
- Review upcoming projects with the Producer, and Staff Stylists, ensuring that all relevant products and props will be available and ready for photography.
- Maintain and organize prop library.
- Track project expenses and submit receipts for billing.
- Demonstrate a wide range of technical styling skills.
- Collaborate with key client partners to ensure brand consistency and creative direction are met.
- Demonstrate versatility in a fast-paced and collaborative team environment.
- Detail oriented with a keen sense of color and style.
- High energy, positive attitude with the ability to communicate ideas articulately.
- Maintain an organized and orderly kit and work area.
Appropriate education and/or experience may be substituted on an equivalent basis
- Creative Degree (or equivalent experience) Preferred
- 3 years of professional industry experience styling in high-end, high-volume catalog, editorial, advertising, corporate or commercial photography studio environment. Portfolio of demonstrable skills and abilities is required.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Expertise in food and general styling techniques, skills, equipment, and tools
- Ability to style a wide range of products within a high-volume production environment without compromising quality.
- Ability to work as team member in a collaborative group environment or alone.
- Collaborate and continually develop skills assisting Stylists, both staff and freelance
- Ability to interpret and follow written instructions and/or oral directions.
- Experience in a high-volume, creative kitchen environment
- Experience working with budgets.
- Effective oral, written, and electronic communications skills
- Collaborative and thoughtful customer service skills
- Proficiency with Apple/Macintosh computer platform and software
- A working knowledge and experience with Microsoft Office software: Outlook, Word, Excel & PowerPoint
- Proven on-trend styling experience.
- Is flexible in responding to organizational changes and business priorities.
- The ability to meet tight deadlines.
- Strong independent problem solving, organization and time management skills.
Additional Company Information
We offer excellent benefits to eligible employees, including 401(k), holidays, vacations and more.
Quad is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and values diversity. We are committed to creating a place of belonging — a space where employees do not need to sacrifice who they are to exist and grow in our workplace. Quad does not discriminate on any unlawful basis including race, religion, color, national origin, disability, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Quad also prohibits harassment of applicants and employees based on any of these protected categories.
Drug Free Workplace
Categories at a glance
Explore available opportunities by job type, click each to learn more.
Develop sales strategies to help solve our clients’ challenges and grow their business.
Concept and design compelling campaigns and products for leading retailers, publishers and brand marketers.
Develop plans to buy and schedule media to support clients' marketing objectives from print to digital media and broadcast.
Manage client relationships and their projects from within a facility, creative studio or in the client’s on-site location.
Make an impact in strategic administrative roles that include information technology (IT), accounting, legal and marketing.
Make quality print products in a highly automated and technologically advanced environment.
Drivers & Logistics
Create customized distribution solutions to move freight on-time, every time, delivering on customers' needs.
Electrical & Mechanical
Be a problem solver and join a team that ensures our facilities, offices and equipment are running efficiently.
Gain real-work experience through internships and trainee programs with strategic entry-level opportunities.