Production ArtistApply Job ID 16811 Date posted Feb. 18, 2020 Location Bellevue, Washington Full Time / Part Time Full time (FT)
The primary role of the Production Artist is to design new ads and to perform modifications as needed, electronically rework, assemble, create and at times build various print projects in accordance with client specifications. Must be creative and have the ability to multitask on multiple projects in a fast-paced environment. This includes, but is not limited to, data entry and type-setting, image manipulation, art creation or modification.
Create and produce page layouts that promote the client’s brand and sales objectives
Work with brand standards and guidelines
Collaborate with account manager and copywriters
Work with pagination and product mix to develop page layouts and final page production
Produce four-color and black and white page versions
Prepare final files for print and digital production
Work efficiently through high volumes, meeting tight deadlines within established budgets
Attend new project turnovers and weekly production meetings as part of client’s creative team
Propose creative concept elements for potential and new projects
Create layout comps, rough and presentation materials as requested
Maintain accuracy in page building and error-free documents
Make corrections and modifications to Client proofs as requested
Prepare Client proofs for approval
Learn job tracking system and assist in managing projects
Demonstrate the ability to perform well and remain organized under tight deadlines
Assist in project and/or client customer needs
Act as liaison between Client and prepress
Assist in finding efficiencies for the department
Stay current on graphic trends through continued education, trade shows, seminars, special courses, etc.
Bachelor’s degree in Graphic Design or related field
Experience Mac Operator
Appropriate education and/or experience may be substituted on an equivalent basis
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Knowledge of creating and working with templates and style sheets; including page formatting of copy, placing photos and artwork; producing multiple versions
- Proficiency in all Mac-based, industry-standard software programs including, but not limited to: Adobe Creative Cloud - InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator, Microsoft Office and Acrobat
- Knowledge of the Windows platform
- Experience with data-driven page production
- Knowledge of all steps required for the print process and an understanding of production methods to ensure designs can be produced for print delivery
- Network, Internet, Email communication systems
- General understanding and knowledge of e-marketing vehicles and specifications.
- General advertising, marketing and media terminology and processes
- Ability to speak, read and write in the English language
Categories at a glance
Explore available opportunities by job type, click each to learn more.
Develop sales strategies to help solve our clients’ challenges and grow their business.
Concept and design compelling campaigns and products for leading retailers, publishers and brand marketers.
Develop plans to buy and schedule media to support clients' marketing objectives from print to digital media and broadcast.
Gain real-work experience through internships and trainee programs with strategic entry-level opportunities.
Make an impact in strategic administrative roles that include information technology (IT), accounting, legal and marketing.
Make quality print products in a highly automated and technologically advanced environment.
Be part of a team that drives our success.
Electrical & Mechanical
Be a problem solver and join a team that ensures our facilities, offices and equipment are running efficiently.
Manage client relationships and their projects from within a facility, creative studio or in the client’s on-site location.