CopywriterApply Job ID 12567 Date posted Mar. 06, 2019 Location Bentonville, Arkansas Full Time / Part Time Full time (FT)
The primary role of the Copywriter is to propose creative copy elements for various print, broadcast, digital and signage projects for multiple clients and for potential new business. The Copywriter should possess an aptitude for copy/design, an awareness of the company’s copy/design capabilities, an understanding of industry standards and practices related to copywriting, and the ability to work with clients (internal and external) to coordinate project flow and deadlines. Additionally, the Copywriter must have the experience to read, understand, and work with client data to fulfill the role. Strong proofreading skills and knowledge of AP style are musts.
Quad expects that the Copywriter will act at all times to assure the highest level of ethics, professionalism, and personal performance possible. He or she will work enthusiastically to meet or exceed all performance goals set by Quad and will contribute his/her utmost to assist the organization in achieving stated goals. Quad expects that all employees fully support our position with our Clients.
The Copywriter is expected to:
- Attend client meetings and present materials and ideas
- Electronically build creative copy for the assembly of various print projects in accordance with agency and client specifications
- Propose creative copy elements for potential and new projects
- Prepare client proofs for approval
- Make corrections and modifications to client proofs as requested
- Assist in project and/or client customer service needs
- Assist in finding efficiencies for the department
- Perform other responsibilities as they are developed/defined
Job Requirements include a demonstrated ability to:
- Set and prioritize goals and achieve them as scheduled
- Adjust to rapidly changing requirements and schedules
- Take an analytical approach to problem-solving
- Act on own initiative without frequent, detailed instruction for tasks
- Perform well and remain organized under tight deadlines
- Maintain willingness to do both menial tasks and take on more complex challenges
- Support teammates to achieve their best and work together
- Handle many issues, items and functions at once, and efficiently deal with multiple tasks in prioritized sequence
- Show personal leadership by consistent performance
- Quickly build and maintain positive relationships
- Work with leadership to achieve company and department goals
- Accept feedback willingly to improve quality and performance
- Continue education through resources, trade shows, and conferences
- Strong retail and broadcast copywriting experience are required
- 4-year college education or equivalent in journalism/copywriting
- Ability to speak, read and write in the English language
- Proofreading capability
- Knowledge of AP style
- Provide writing portfolio samples as requested
- Understanding of general advertising, marketing, media, TV and radio terminology and processes; knowledge of POS and store signage
- Knowledge of internet and FTP technology
- Aptitude to troubleshoot technical solutions
- Knowledge of technical solutions and troubleshooting techniques
We offer excellent benefits to eligible employees, including 401(k), holidays, vacations and more.
Quad/Graphics is an equal employment opportunity employer. The Company’s policy is not to unlawfully discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, age, military or veteran status, disability, genetic information or any other consideration made unlawful by applicable federal, state, or local laws. The Company also prohibits harassment of applicants and employees based on any of these protected categories.
Drug Free Workplace
Categories at a glance
Explore available opportunities by job type, click each to learn more.
Develop sales strategies to help solve our clients’ challenges and grow their business.
Concept and design compelling campaigns and products for leading retailers, publishers and brand marketers.
Develop plans to buy and schedule media to support clients' marketing objectives from print to digital media and broadcast.
Gain real-work experience through internships and trainee programs with strategic entry-level opportunities.
Make an impact in strategic administrative roles that include information technology (IT), accounting, legal and marketing.
Make quality print products in a highly automated and technologically advanced environment.
Be part of a team that drives our success.
Electrical & Mechanical
Be a problem solver and join a team that ensures our facilities, offices and equipment are running efficiently.
Manage client relationships and their projects from within a facility, creative studio or in the client’s on-site location.