CopywriterApply Job ID 16455 Date posted Jan. 17, 2020 Location Bentonville, Arkansas Full Time / Part Time Full time (FT)
The Copywriter is responsible for creating and editing exceptional promotional and product copy. A Quad Copywriter is expected to possess an aptitude for copy/design, an awareness of the Company’s copy/design capabilities, an understanding of industry standards and practices related to Copywriting, and the ability to work with clients (internal and external) to coordinate project flow and deadlines. Additionally, the Copywriter must have the experience/ability to read, understand, and work with client data to fulfill his/her role.
- Ensure all verbiage communicates clients' brands and key messaging
- Ensure all marketing pieces adhere to clients' guidelines and standards
- Understand users/audiences, insights and strategies
- Craft relevant and brand-appropriate promotional and product copy
- Maintain consistently high-quality standards
- Participate in client strategy, planning and concept presentation meetings as required
- Create creative copy content from existing client data or documentation and also, create original content based on said content
- Work with Sr. Designers/Art Directors/ACDs and Creative Directors to ideate on solutions for creative problems
- Will use experience and education in writing to guide development of content for use in client collateral
- Propose creative copy elements for visual purposes in client media collateral
- Attend client meetings and present materials and ideas
- Electronically build creative copy for the assembly of various print projects in accordance with agency and client specifications
- Propose creative copy elements for potential and new projects
- Prepare client proofs for approval
- Make corrections and modifications to client proofs as requested
- Assist in project and/or client customer service needs
- Assist in finding efficiencies for the department
- Perform other responsibilities, as they are developed/defined
- Work closely with Client team and partners to gather all pertinent information for project execution, (i.e., copy, images, assets, etc.)
- Gain approval from various stakeholders, including legal team
- Facilitate weekly meetings and provide recaps
- Develop and maintain marketing calendars
- Work across multiple channels to maintain team organization
- Facilitate communication across all participating teams
- Execute full lifecycle project management on projects including, but not limited to, analysis of client requirements, scoping, scheduling, functional team handoffs and strategizing activities
- Maintain regular communication with both the customer and internal teams
- Creates appropriate internal documentation to support projects and effectively communicates project/task goals, issues, timelines, meeting notes, etc. to project team and Business units
- Capture and communicate experiences in formal post-mortem, feeding lessons learned, best practices and resources back into the Creative team
- Demonstrates consistency across all project work and communication
- Supports multiple teams with visual and functional QA for various projects
- Deliver accurate budget tracking reports
- Contribute to the growth of the department and implementation of process by applying knowledge from previous project's successes
- Demonstrated ability to assess client needs and create solutions to meet goals
- Proven issue management resolution skills
- Demonstrated ability to understand full scope of product lifecycle including offline components
- Understands technical possibilities and limitations well enough to ask informed questions when working with creative & engineering team; anticipates needs and key points in projects for which creative expertise is required
- Strong presentation and facilitation skills with the ability to gain group/team consensus while leading cross-functional team meetings
- Serve as FDA/FTC reviewer for submitted content for client review and approval
Appropriate education and/or experience may be substituted on an equivalent basis
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Strong grammar, spelling and punctuation skills
- Editing skills
- Work collaboratively with other writers and designers
- Strong print background with understanding of new media/technology trends and tools
- Organizational skills with ability to successfully juggle and deliver multiple projects and proactively communicate status and issues
- Self-starter with ability to self-direct
- Familiar with Microsoft Office Suite
- Handle many issues, items and functions at one time and deal rapidly with multiple items in prioritized sequence
- Set and prioritize goals and achieve them as scheduled
- Flexibility to adjust to rapidly changing requirements and schedules
- Demonstrate an analytical approach to problem-solving
- Act on own initiative
- Perform well and remain organized under tight deadlines
- Desire to learn, willingness to do both menial tasks and take on more complex challenges
- Willingness to help people learn to work together and help others achieve their best
- Ability and willingness to take direction from superiors; seek suggestions from peers and employees
- Show leadership by consistent example
- Build and maintain positive relationships quickly
- Work with management to achieve Company goals including customer satisfaction and Company profitability
- Accept direction from management to improve quality and performance.
- Work together with peers and other departments to improve quality and performance
- Must be able to write a functional spec (in conjunction with cross-functional team)
- Excellent written and oral communication skills; ability to write and present to a large audience with little input from manager
- Possess understanding of business environment and demonstrate very good decision-making skills
- Strong interpersonal, analytical, and problem-solving skills to work with people at all levels
- Set direction and conceptually think about a project/product, and creates a road map for others to follow
- Accountability, initiative and resourcefulness to go the extra mile to support the business
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communication, English or the equivalent
- 2+ years of experience as Mac Operator and Copywriter, concepting and writing for a wide variety of media
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English language general advertising, marketing, media, TV and radio terminology and processes
- Knowledge of web, internet, and FTP technology
- Knowledge of POS and store signage
- Knowledge of technical solutions and troubleshooting techniques
- Extensive knowledge of AP Style
- Experience with MS Outlook, MS Word, MS Excel, MS Access, MS PowerPoint
- Design Software: Acrobat, Quark, InDesign, and Microsoft Office, agency Soft Proofing software (ProofMover) Archiving and Backup Procedures
- Mac-based hardware/ software systems
- Basic understanding of remote conductivity to communicate with Quad headquarters
We offer excellent benefits to eligible employees, including 401(k), holidays, vacations and more.
Quad/Graphics is an equal employment opportunity employer. The Company’s policy is not to unlawfully discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, age, military or veteran status, disability, genetic information or any other consideration made unlawful by applicable federal, state, or local laws. The Company also prohibits harassment of applicants and employees based on any of these protected categories.
Drug Free Workplace
Categories at a glance
Explore available opportunities by job type, click each to learn more.
Develop sales strategies to help solve our clients’ challenges and grow their business.
Concept and design compelling campaigns and products for leading retailers, publishers and brand marketers.
Develop plans to buy and schedule media to support clients' marketing objectives from print to digital media and broadcast.
Gain real-work experience through internships and trainee programs with strategic entry-level opportunities.
Make an impact in strategic administrative roles that include information technology (IT), accounting, legal and marketing.
Make quality print products in a highly automated and technologically advanced environment.
Be part of a team that drives our success.
Electrical & Mechanical
Be a problem solver and join a team that ensures our facilities, offices and equipment are running efficiently.
Manage client relationships and their projects from within a facility, creative studio or in the client’s on-site location.