Proofreader - Private Brands PackagingApply Job ID 12947 Date posted Apr. 01, 2019 Location Bentonville, Arkansas Full Time / Part Time Full time (FT)
The primary role of the Client Services Proofreader is to support internal scheduling and proofreading of packaging for private label products. The Proofreader keeps track of and physically moves jobs from one step of completion to the next.
The Proofreader is expected to possess an aptitude for all aspects of advertising, maintaining workflow, an awareness of the company’s advertising capabilities, an understanding of industry standards and practices related to advertising, and the ability to work with clients (internal and external) to coordinate project flow and deadlines. Additionally, the Proofreader must have the ability to read, understand, and work with client data to fulfill his/her role.
Quad expects that the Proofreader will act at all times to assure the highest level of ethics, professionalism and personal performance possible. He or she will work enthusiastically to meet or exceed all performance goals set by Quad and will contribute his or her utmost to assist the organization in achieving its stated goals. It is expected that all employees, including the Proofreader, will fully support our position/relationship with our Clients.
This role will:
- Provide day to day support for the Client’s private brands packaging team.
- Compare label artwork to an internal information database for accuracy.
- Confirm compliance with the Client’s brand and company standards.
- Verify correct spelling and grammar.
- Communicate with team members and the Client daily to ensure consistency across the team.
- Update reports and spreadsheets daily and as needed.
- Communicate with regard to timing shifts so accurate schedules can be produced each day.
Education & Experience
- 4-year college degree in English or Journalism
- Extensive knowledge of AP Style
- Excellent grammar and proofreading skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to speak, read and write in the English language
The Proofreader will demonstrate a consistent ability and willingness to:
- Handle multiple issues, items and functions at one time and deal rapidly with various items in prioritized sequence.
- Set and prioritize goals and achieve them as scheduled.
- Adjust to rapidly changing requirements and schedules.
- Show an analytical approach to problem solving.
- Act on own initiative.
- Perform well and remain organized under tight deadlines
- Learn with a willingness to do both menial tasks and take on more complex challenges.
- Take direction from superiors.
- Seek suggestions from peers and employees.
- Show leadership by consistent example.
- Build and maintain positive relationships quickly.
- Work with management to achieve stated goals including Client satisfaction and company profitability.
- Accept direction from management to improve quality and performance.
- Work together with peers and other departments to improve quality and performance.
Consistently demonstrate the ability to understand and use:
- PC- or Mac-based hardware/software, preferably MS Office products
- Basic understanding of networking (i.e. accessing files on a server)
- Laser printing devices
Additional Company Information
We offer excellent benefits to eligible employees, including 401(k), holidays, vacations and more.
Quad/Graphics is an equal employment opportunity employer. The Company’s policy is not to unlawfully discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, age, military or veteran status, disability, genetic information or any other consideration made unlawful by applicable federal, state, or local laws. The Company also prohibits harassment of applicants and employees based on any of these protected categories.
Categories at a glance
Explore available opportunities by job type, click each to learn more.
Develop sales strategies to help solve our clients’ challenges and grow their business.
Concept and design compelling campaigns and products for leading retailers, publishers and brand marketers.
Develop plans to buy and schedule media to support clients' marketing objectives from print to digital media and broadcast.
Gain real-work experience through internships and trainee programs with strategic entry-level opportunities.
Make an impact in strategic administrative roles that include information technology (IT), accounting, legal and marketing.
Make quality print products in a highly automated and technologically advanced environment.
Be part of a team that drives our success.
Electrical & Mechanical
Be a problem solver and join a team that ensures our facilities, offices and equipment are running efficiently.
Manage client relationships and their projects from within a facility, creative studio or in the client’s on-site location.