ProofreaderApply Job ID 20535 Date posted Sep.. 10, 2021 Location Bentonville, Arkansas Full Time / Part Time Full time (FT)
Ivie & Associates is a full-service marketing solutions company that works with many of the world’s top customer service organizations. In short, we know marketing and advertising, and we’re comfortable remaining behind the scenes, working hand-in-hand with our clients with a can-do attitude to help them achieve their marketing goals. Acting as an extension of the client, we define our successes by their success, and we measure our accomplishments by their satisfaction. When you work with Ivie & Associates, you work with some of the biggest retailers in the U.S. and the world.
The primary role of the Proofreader will be to provide assistance for the internal scheduling and proofreading of one of Ivie & Associates, Inc. clients. The Proofreader keeps track of and physically moves jobs from one step of completion to the next.
The Proofreader is expected to possess an aptitude for all aspects of advertising, maintaining workflow, an awareness of the Company’s advertising capabilities, an understanding of industry standards and practices related to advertising, and the ability to work with clients (internal and external) to coordinate project flow and deadlines. Additionally, the Proofreader must have the experience/ability to read, understand, and work with client data to fulfill his/her role.
Ivie & Associates expects that the Proofreader will act at all times to assure the highest level of ethics, professionalism and personal performance possible. He or she will work enthusiastically to meet or exceed all performance goals set by Ivie & Associates and will contribute his or her utmost to assist Ivie & Associates in achieving its stated goals. Ivie & Associates, Inc. expects that all employees, including the Proofreader, to fully support Ivie’s position/relationship with its Clients.
The Proofreader is required to:
- Day to day: The proofreading role provides support to the client’s private brands packaging team.
- The proofreader is responsible for comparing label artwork to an internal information database for accuracy.
- Confirm compliance with the client’s brand and company standards.
- Verify correct spelling and grammar.
- The proofreader must also communicate with team members and the client daily to ensure consistency across the team.
- The proofreader must update reports and spreadsheets daily and as needed.
- As changes in timing or scheduling take place, the Proofreader is informed so that an accurate schedule can be produced each day.
- Proofreads client material for errors.
- Reviews daily work schedule with Ivie Team Lead.
- Expedites all “crisis jobs.” However, the majority of work should flow through Creative/Production on a reasonable, scheduled basis.
- Oversees quality control in conjunction with Private Brands Team.
Education & Experience:
- 4-year college degree in English or Journalism
- Extensive knowledge of AP Style
- Excellent grammar and proofreading skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to speak, read and write in the English language
- Demonstrate the ability to handle many issues, items and functions at one time and deal rapidly with multiple items in prioritized sequence.
- Demonstrate the ability to set and prioritize goals and achieve them as scheduled.
- Demonstrate flexibility to adjust to rapidly changing requirements and schedules.
- Demonstrate an analytical approach to problem solving.
- Demonstrate the ability to act on own initiative.
- Demonstrates the ability to perform well and remain organized under tight deadlines
- Demonstrates a desire to learn, willingness to do both menial tasks and take on more complex challenges
- Demonstrate the ability and willingness to help others achieve their best.
- Demonstrate the ability and willingness to help people learn to work together.
- Demonstrate the ability and willingness to take direction from superiors.
- Demonstrate the ability and willingness to seek suggestions from peers and employees.
- Demonstrate the ability and willingness to show leadership by consistent example.
- Demonstrate the ability and willingness to build and maintain positive relationships quickly.
- Possess the ability to work with management to achieve Company goals including customer satisfaction and Company profitability.
- Demonstrate willingness to accept direction from management to improve quality and performance.
- Demonstrate willingness to work together with peers and other departments to improve quality and performance.
Consistently demonstrate the ability to understand and use:
- PC- or Mac-based hardware/software, preferably MS Office products
- Basic understanding of networking (i.e. accessing files on a server)
- Laser printing devices
Additional Company Information:
We offer excellent benefits to eligible employees, including 401(k), holidays, vacations and more.
Quad is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and values diversity. We are committed to creating a place of belonging — a space where employees do not need to sacrifice who they are to exist and grow in our workplace. Quad does not discriminate on any unlawful basis including race, religion, color, national origin, disability, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Quad also prohibits harassment of applicants and employees based on any of these protected categories.
Drug Free Workplace
Categories at a glance
Explore available opportunities by job type, click each to learn more.
Develop sales strategies to help solve our clients’ challenges and grow their business.
Concept and design compelling campaigns and products for leading retailers, publishers and brand marketers.
Develop plans to buy and schedule media to support clients' marketing objectives from print to digital media and broadcast.
Gain real-work experience through internships and trainee programs with strategic entry-level opportunities.
Make an impact in strategic administrative roles that include information technology (IT), accounting, legal and marketing.
Make quality print products in a highly automated and technologically advanced environment.
Be part of a team that drives our success.
Electrical & Mechanical
Be a problem solver and join a team that ensures our facilities, offices and equipment are running efficiently.
Manage client relationships and their projects from within a facility, creative studio or in the client’s on-site location.