Traffic CoordinatorApply Job ID 12688 Date posted Mar. 14, 2019 Location Boise, Idaho Full Time / Part Time Full time (FT)
Quad is seeking a Traffic Coordinator to be based onsite with one of our clients in Boise, ID. The primary role of the Traffic Coordinator is to serve as onsite time management lead of the Creative Team. They will review project requests for proper specs and the inclusion of a brief and timeline, and work with Creative Team leadership to assign work evenly among the team. They are ultimately responsible for keeping the pace and timing of the Creative Team’s production moving at the pace needed to deliver on-time, on-spec assignments as needed by the internal and external client. It is through the Traffic Coordinator that management has an overview of workforce vs. demand and is first to respond when demand exceeds workforce. Additionally, this position is responsible for working with Creative Team leadership to balance workload evenly among the team, monitor hours worked, and update leadership on the team's ability to respond to client demands.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Understand the work involved in day-to-day creative tasks and the time it takes to complete those tasks
- Know project specification basics in order to review Work Orders for information necessary to initiate a job
- Work with Creative Team leaders to assign jobs and balance workload among multiple Designers and Production Artists
- Must possess and understand principles of print for retail advertising (Circular, Direct Mail, ROP, etc.)
- Attend Client turnover meeting to gather critical information to communicate to all parties for the successful completion of the project
- Assist in finding efficiencies for the department and processes
- Coordinate stringent deadlines and properly estimate time for work
- Track team members’ hours logged to ensure hours are being logged consistently and then tracked to understand if we are positive or negative on burn through
- Manage a team traffic report for all active jobs and prepare it for weekly deliveries to the Client
- Uphold and enforce established processes and procedures to ensure timely and accurate delivery of work, while looking for opportunity to improve process and workflow
- Perform other responsibilities, as they are developed/defined
- 4-year college education or equivalent in project management, graphic design or applicable program preferred
- Proficient in MAC based hardware/software systems along with project management and proofing programs
- Knowledge of POS and store signage - Familiarity with visual design process and visual design principles
- Experience with prepress, digital output processes and familiarity with preflight and packaging of files necessary
- General understanding of advertising, marketing, media, TV and radio terminology and processes
- Have strong project management skills, ability to think strategically and manage multiple priorities while anticipate demands
- Keen understanding of digital applications, internet, and social media applications
- Knowledge of technical solutions and troubleshooting techniques
- Experience interacting with marketing and branding divisions in large companies
- Demonstrates the ability to perform well and remain organized under pressure and tight deadlines
- Eye for detail and ability to multitask
- Ability to speak, read and write in the English language
We offer excellent benefits to eligible employees, including 401(k) and profit sharing plans, holidays, vacations and more.
Quad/Graphics is an equal employment opportunity employer. The Company’s policy is not to unlawfully discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, age, military or veteran status, disability, genetic information or any other consideration made unlawful by applicable federal, state, or local laws. The Company also prohibits harassment of applicants and employees based on any of these protected categories.
Drug Free Workplace
Categories at a glance
Explore available opportunities by job type, click each to learn more.
Develop sales strategies to help solve our clients’ challenges and grow their business.
Concept and design compelling campaigns and products for leading retailers, publishers and brand marketers.
Develop plans to buy and schedule media to support clients' marketing objectives from print to digital media and broadcast.
Gain real-work experience through internships and trainee programs with strategic entry-level opportunities.
Make an impact in strategic administrative roles that include information technology (IT), accounting, legal and marketing.
Make quality print products in a highly automated and technologically advanced environment.
Be part of a team that drives our success.
Electrical & Mechanical
Be a problem solver and join a team that ensures our facilities, offices and equipment are running efficiently.
Manage client relationships and their projects from within a facility, creative studio or in the client’s on-site location.