Electro - Mechanical TechnicianApply Job ID 25212 Date posted Jan. 23, 2023 Location Bolingbrook, Illinois
Quad is seeking an Electrical/Mechanical Technician, responsible for performing skilled mechanical and electrical maintenance work including repair, inspection, modification and improvement of Finishing equipment. This position will work nights, 7:00pm – 7:00am and be available to work a rotating shift of 4 days on / 3 days off including weekends and holidays. Must be available to train on days for up to three months.
The Electrical/Mechanical Technician will communicate thoroughly with production and maintenance staff; make recommendations for creating new procedures and improving existing procedures.
- Must be a self-starter capable of working independently and prioritizing workload based on production needs. Must be willing to work flexible hours and work overtime as needed.
- The ideal candidate will have a mechanical/electrical background and be familiar with Industrial ink-jet printers and 110/220/480v power.
- Must have the ability to systematically solve problems; experience with industrial preventative maintenance, Servo Drive and basic computer skills.
- Knowledge of standard machine shop equipment: mill, lathe, welding, plumbing etc. is preferred. Allen Bradley PLC experience a plus.
- Must have own hand tools.
- Willingness to work 12 hour shifts rotating days, including weekends and holidays.
Education and/or Experience: Technical degree in Mechanical/Electrical or Industrial Maintenance preferred but not required. 3-5 years related experience or equivalent combination of education and experience required. Computer literate, Microsoft Outlook and Excel a plus.
Categories at a glance
Explore available opportunities by job type, click each to learn more.
Develop sales strategies to help solve our clients’ challenges and grow their business.
Concept and design compelling campaigns and products for leading retailers, publishers and brand marketers.
Develop plans to buy and schedule media to support clients' marketing objectives from print to digital media and broadcast.
Manage client relationships and their projects from within a facility, creative studio or in the client’s on-site location.
Make an impact in strategic administrative roles that include information technology (IT), accounting, legal and marketing.
Make quality print products in a highly automated and technologically advanced environment.
Drivers & Logistics
Create customized distribution solutions to move freight on-time, every time, delivering on customers' needs.
Electrical & Mechanical
Be a problem solver and join a team that ensures our facilities, offices and equipment are running efficiently.
Gain real-work experience through internships and trainee programs with strategic entry-level opportunities.