Creative DirectorApply Job ID 18729 Date posted Feb. 08, 2021 Location Brentwood, Tennessee Full Time / Part Time Full time (FT)
The Director Client Services is responsible for directing the Client Services team(s) to ensure work meets client expectations, grow business across the platform within existing key accounts and serve as key client contact for all projects and initiatives that are awarded. The Director Client Services will be responsible for providing on-site leadership and tactical support to ensure projects are managed with accuracy and follow through.
In addition to internal oversight, this role will also provide strategic and innovative creative direction to internal agency and production partners, and must have excellent communication skills. The person in this role will ensure brand consistency and strategic alignment with the client’s organizational goals. This role will be a hands-on, working creative, in addition to managing projects and deadlines.
This role needs to lead and manage sales and EBITDA among assigned account through five basic requirements:
- Retain account
- Grow account through increased services and revenue
- Improve profitability and EBITDA
- Increase Client's sales, Customer Count and Brand Image
- Increase Quad's equity and worth as a partner supplier/company
- Assist with strategic account planning for identified accounts that includes strategic account plans, retention and growth targets, profitability optimization, account budgeting and sales forecasting process.
- Direct and guide Client Services Managers and teams.
- Build and maintain client relationships with low-level, mid-level and even senior-level management.
- Develop long-term client partnerships that results in a mutually beneficial, growth-oriented business and working relationship.
- Influence to provide opportunities to educate the client on Quad's services - directly or through the Client Services team. Lead the development of integrated solutions that leverage Quad offerings and are mutually beneficial for the client and Quad.
- Lead the conceptualization and deployment of creative across marketing channels.
- Assist in developing presentations for prospective clients, including QBRs, RFPs and proposals.
- Assist in the development and execution of the client/agency contract and scope of work.
- Ensure client is satisfied with performance of our Client Services Team and level of service.
- Act proactively to manage the business effectively.
- Manage account staffing, budgets, time reports, and other operational procedures with an eye on overall account profitability. Additionally, ensure all account records and activity are completed within guidelines, policy and procedures.
- Keep management informed regularly of events/issues that could impact client relationship.
- Manage and assist on-site Manager/Supervisor Client Services with the management of his/her staff. This includes interviewing, hiring and training employees; planning, assigning and directing work; evaluating work quality, appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Think strategically and tactically to meet client needs, to improve current services or to deliver new services.
- Ensure Client Services teams provide thorough client input to the respective internal teams.
- Ensure staff adheres to established processes and procedures to insure timely and accurate delivery of Client’s services.
- Develop marketing objectives, strategies and execution for current services, or prospective services that may be offered to the Client in the future, consistent with Quad’s approved processes.
- Oversee the development of estimates for new projects within establishing pricing guidelines.
Appropriate education and/or experience may be substituted on an equivalent basis
- Bachelor’s degree in advertising, communication, marketing or related field required. (MBA a plus)
- Minimum10 years of experience in account management; at least 8 years of management experience required. At least 6 years of management experience required.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite
- Successful track record of leading teams to meet and exceed goals and objectives.
- Ability to inform, educate and influence managers and employees to support goals and objectives.
- Ability to think strategically and act tactically in order to align Quad's services with customer needs.
- Marketing understanding of marketing strategy, creative, photography/videography, print production, media and digital.
- Experience developing and managing to budgets.
- Solid business acumen and knowledge to assess new business opportunities and when to change current account strategies.
- Solid negotiation skills required.
- Knowledge of customer services, sales, retail structure, operations, account service/sales management best practices and proven ability to communicate and implement.
- Ability to manage and develop staff in a highly interactive team environment.
- Ability to respond quickly and effectively to clients' needs and issues.
- Strong written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to understand and communicate complex concepts/business issues verbally and in writing to clients, associates and management.
- Ability to relate to and develop relationships with Client’s management.
- Ability to understand and manage the execution of tasks to achieve Client’s marketing goals.
- Ability to lead Client Service teams to deliver first class service to the Clients.
- Ability to achieve a spirit of teamwork and cooperation within the Client Service team,
- Ability to analyze and judge prospective projects, jobs and services for presentation to the Client.
- Ability to handle many issues, items and functions at one time and deal rapidly with multiple items in prioritized sequence.
- Ability to set and prioritize goals and achieve them as scheduled.
- Demonstrate flexibility to adjust to rapidly changing requirements and schedules.
- Demonstrate an analytical approach to problem solving.
- Demonstrate the ability to act on own initiative.
- Demonstrate the ability and willingness to discipline reporting employees when appropriate.
- Ability and willingness to take direction from superiors.
- Ability and willingness to seek suggestions from peers and employees.
- Ability and willingness to show leadership by consistent example.
- Ability and willingness to build and maintain positive relationships quickly.
- Demonstrate willingness to work together with peers and other Quad departments to improve quality and performance.
- Experience with MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Travel as required, temporary assignments (out-of-town).
- Basic understanding of remote conductivity to communicate with Quad headquarters
Additional Company Information
We offer excellent benefits to eligible employees, including 401(k), holidays, vacations and more.
Quad is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and values diversity. We are committed to creating a place of belonging — a space where employees do not need to sacrifice who they are to exist and grow in our workplace. Quad does not discriminate on any unlawful basis including race, religion, color, national origin, disability, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Quad also prohibits harassment of applicants and employees based on any of these protected categories.
Drug Free Workplace
Categories at a glance
Explore available opportunities by job type, click each to learn more.
Develop sales strategies to help solve our clients’ challenges and grow their business.
Concept and design compelling campaigns and products for leading retailers, publishers and brand marketers.
Develop plans to buy and schedule media to support clients' marketing objectives from print to digital media and broadcast.
Gain real-work experience through internships and trainee programs with strategic entry-level opportunities.
Make an impact in strategic administrative roles that include information technology (IT), accounting, legal and marketing.
Make quality print products in a highly automated and technologically advanced environment.
Be part of a team that drives our success.
Electrical & Mechanical
Be a problem solver and join a team that ensures our facilities, offices and equipment are running efficiently.
Manage client relationships and their projects from within a facility, creative studio or in the client’s on-site location.