$2,000 New Hire Bonus! Sheetfed Second Press Operator
- Burlington, Wisconsin
More than just another employer, we pride ourselves on being a company with a soul. Quad’s culture is built on a rich legacy of passionate, innovative people always striving to find a better way. As a global marketing services provider, Quad leverages worldwide capabilities and leading-edge technology to help brand owners market and distribute their products more efficiently and effectively - transforming the industry with the combined power of digital and print.
Fueled by innovative, interesting days, careers at Quad instill a sense of empowerment and possibility as you gain the skills and confidence to advance as our platform evolves. Join the Quad team today and develop your career – work side-by-side with skilled professionals, operate multi-million dollar pieces of equipment, and experience first-hand the values that have guided us from day one. Work hard, move fast, contribute new ideas and proudly wear Quad Blue!
- Full Time and part time positions
- 8 or 12hour shifts
- Level: Entry to Skilled
- Paid Vacation
What makes a successful Machine Operator at Quad?
Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Goal-oriented 7
- Motivational 5
- Team Player 6
- Innovative 5
- Results Driven 8
- Confident 7
- Problem solver
Everado - Press Operator
“Running a machine is all I wanted to do when I started. I am thankful that I was able to learn a new career and have new opportunities at Quad.”
Learn More About Us
Join Our Ranks – Advancement, Culture and Innovation
Meet Rondell – CareerPath to Success with Quad
Innovate – Quad’s Corporate Values
As a worldwide marketing solutions partner our goal is to help our clients win every day. We use our data-driven, integrated marketing platform, with a strong foundation in print, to help clients reduce complexity, increase efficiency and enhance marketing spend effectiveness. We’ve built a rich history by believing in our people, allowing them to act like owners and take charge of their own success. Whether you’re an operator, sales representative, a graphic artist or a clinician, we’re all driven to perform at our best – for ourselves and our clients. We’re a company with a soul and a belief that we can always create a better way.
Are you looking for a company that can provide you with both a challenging and rewarding career? If you are, we have the perfect opportunity for you!
Quad prides itself on having a grow from within philosophy where employees are provided the opportunity to learn in their roles and grow within the company.
$2,000 Sign-On & Retention Bonus for all Full-Time Manufacturing Employees –
The Burlington plant is a one-stop shop for custom and specialty print work. Burlington employees can do it all – from books to brochures, catalogs to calendars, and direct mail to directories. It has 10 Color Sheetfed capabilities including UV Inks and Specialty Finishes, Die Cutting, Embossing, Folding, Gluing all in-house.
Quad is currently seeking a Sheetfed Second Press Operator to work in the Burlington, Wisconsin plant. We have an opening on days, working 7a.m.-7p.m and nights, working 7 p.m. - 7a.m. This position is responsible for set up and operation of Press equipment to customer-supplied specifications while maintaining production by planning and organizing jobs and continuously monitoring quality. Additionally, operators are responsible for cleanliness and keeping press maintained mechanically. Some positions will have direct reports.
Job duties include, but are not limited to:
- Maintaining the press in a safe manner.
- Performing regular maintenance and up keep of the press.
- Checking for proper ink, paper and maintain proper levels of supplies around the press.
- Assisting in register and sheet rule up.
- Adhering to and following the plant processes and plant standard operating procedures.
Successful candidates must have the following:
- Must have 2 years Second press operator experience.
- Experience with KBA 864 UV, and Heidelberg 640, 1040, 1240 preferred or other makes will also be considered!
- Must have some perfecting experience.
- Must have some understanding of color.
- A strong mechanical aptitude is required.
- Must have eye/hand coordination when inside the unit while making adjustments.
- Must have ability to utilize the computer to ensure quality of the product.
- Ability to lift 10-15 pounds continuously, the ability to lift up to 70 pounds occasionally, stand long hours (12-hour shift), use hands and wrists continuously in controlled movement, receive and follow instructions and use vision in order to identify defects.
- Ability to work 12 hour shifts, 7 a.m.-7 p.m. or 7 p.m. - 7a.m. 36 hours one week and 48 the next with overtime and holidays as required (OT paid over 40 hours per week).
- Ability to pass a color test is required.
- Must also be able to work with and effectively communicate with clients at Press OK's.
Additional Company Information
We offer excellent benefits to eligible employees, including 401(k), holidays, vacations and more.
Quad is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and values diversity. We are committed to creating a place of belonging — a space where employees do not need to sacrifice who they are to exist and grow in our workplace. Quad does not discriminate on any unlawful basis including race, religion, color, national origin, disability, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Quad also prohibits harassment of applicants and employees based on any of these protected categories.