$2,000 New Hire Bonus! Saddle Stitch Operator Second Shift
- Burlington, Wisconsin
More than just another employer, we pride ourselves on being a company with a soul. Quad’s culture is built on a rich legacy of passionate, innovative people always striving to find a better way. As a global marketing services provider, Quad leverages worldwide capabilities and leading-edge technology to help brand owners market and distribute their products more efficiently and effectively - transforming the industry with the combined power of digital and print.
Fueled by innovative, interesting days, careers at Quad instill a sense of empowerment and possibility as you gain the skills and confidence to advance as our platform evolves. Join the Quad team today and develop your career – work side-by-side with skilled professionals, operate multi-million dollar pieces of equipment, and experience first-hand the values that have guided us from day one. Work hard, move fast, contribute new ideas and proudly wear Quad Blue!
- Full Time and part time positions
- 8 or 12hour shifts
- Level: Entry to Skilled
- Paid Vacation
What makes a successful Machine Operator at Quad?
Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Goal-oriented 7
- Motivational 5
- Team Player 6
- Innovative 5
- Results Driven 8
- Confident 7
- Problem solver
Everado - Press Operator
“Running a machine is all I wanted to do when I started. I am thankful that I was able to learn a new career and have new opportunities at Quad.”
Learn More About Us
Join Our Ranks – Advancement, Culture and Innovation
Meet Rondell – CareerPath to Success with Quad
Innovate – Quad’s Corporate Values
Production opportunities at Quad instill a sense of empowerment and possibility distinct from those at other employers. Quad’s state-of-the-art manufacturing facilities include world-class automation and binding technology. Our platform gives our clients a full range of options to produce personalized marketing products. Fueled by innovative, interesting days, you’ll find hard work is good work, and feel a deep sense of pride in a job well done – something shared by everyone in the community we call Quad.
We Offer a great teamwork environment, development/growth opportunities, competitive pay, full service medical, dental, pharmacy and optical facilities, on-site fitness and rehabilitation centers, paid vacation, 9 paid holidays per year, weekly paychecks and paid overtime over 40 hours per week.
You’ll proudly wear Quad blue and stand shoulder to shoulder with the team that’s transforming an industry. Your work matters at Quad.
Quad is seeking a second shift Saddle Stitch Operator for the Burlington, Wisconsin plant.
Job Duties include but are not limited to:
- Operate machine effectively and safely according to standards to ensure a quality product
- Perform and document preventative and routine maintenance as needed or assigned
- Make-ready the stacker, tiers, mail head, mail control.
- Make-ready and run all aspects of the saddle stitcher (pockets, gatherer, stitcher heads, in feed, trimmer, mail table and mail head, etc…)
- Make-ready and run demographic and inkjet.
- Fill in for other master operators when needed
- Assist other master operators with start-ups as possible when own line is down
- Support material handlers during continuous and self-supported running (including mail-sacking, skid stacking, pocket filling, cover filling, etc.) and give work direction during downtime and clean-up
- Read and understand binding instructions, mailing instructions, and support the BCS system
- Ensure proper functioning of safety devices (i.e. guards, stop buttons)
- Maintain a safe and clean work environment
- Perform additional tasks as needed or assigned
- Harris 855 and Muller Saddle Stitcher experience a plus (335, Bravo or Prima Plus)
- Demonstrated skill in mechanics/mechanical aptitude
- Ability to read and interpret binding / mailing instructions and operating / maintenance manuals
- Knowledge of department safety practices
- Good understanding of all Bindery functions/procedures
- Good understanding of co-palletization process, demographics, and selective binding processes
- Good understanding of primary causes and remedies for various quality problems
- Ability to recognize, identify, analyze, and communicate problem situation and/or factors
- Basic computer skills including a good understanding of BCS System
- Willingness to move to other machines
- Willingness to work overtime on unscheduled days
- Good organizational and time management skills
- Strong communication skills; both oral and written
- Ability to work easily and productively with others and with minimal supervision
- Essential functions of this job include the following: the ability to lift 10-15 pounds continuously, the ability to lift up to 70 pounds occasionally, stand long hours, use hands and wrists continuously in controlled movement, receive and follow instructions and use vision in order to identify defects.
- Ability to work 8 to 10 hour shifts ( 3 p.m. – 11.p.m. or 3 p.m. - 1 a.m.), Mon - Fri, these shifts do not rotate. Please expect to work 8-10 hr. days with weekend work when needed.
Additional Company Information
We offer excellent benefits to eligible employees, including 401(k), holidays, vacations and more.
Quad is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and values diversity. We are committed to creating a place of belonging — a space where employees do not need to sacrifice who they are to exist and grow in our workplace. Quad does not discriminate on any unlawful basis including race, religion, color, national origin, disability, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Quad also prohibits harassment of applicants and employees based on any of these protected categories.
Drug Free Workplace