Die Cutter Operator $16-$20 per hourApply Job ID 19181 Date posted Apr. 06, 2021 Location Burlington, Wisconsin Full Time / Part Time Full time (FT)
At Quad we value and reward manufacturing experience by providing a competitive wage. Individuals with print experience can have a starting wage of up to $25/hr. You have immediate opportunities to advance – driving you to be better than yesterday. As your career progresses, there are multiple upward paths available, as we are continuously looking for our next group of leaders to excel within the organization.
The Burlington plant is a one-stop shop for custom and specialty print work. Burlington employees can do it all – from books to brochures, catalogs to calendars, and direct mail to directories. It has 10 Color Sheetfed capabilities including UV Inks and Specialty Finishes, Die Cutting, Embossing, Folding, Gluing all in-house. At 145,000 square feet, this plant is a part of our Commercial & Specialty group.
Quad is a Wisconsin-based company, which is among the largest magazine and direct-mail printers in the U.S. Our company leverages its strong print foundation as part of a much larger, robust integrated marketing services platform that helps marketers and content creators improve the efficiency and effectiveness of their marketing spend across offline and online media channels.
Quad is closely following the 2019 Novel Coronavirus Disease (COVID-19), and implementing processes that promote the safety of our employees, candidates, customers and communities. We follow CDC and local health authorities, federal and state governments along with best practices and recommendations from our healthcare subsidiary, QuadMed.
BE YOUR OWN SUCCESS STORY. BE SOMETHING GREATER. BE QUAD.
Available Work Schedules that fit your lifestyle and needs:
8 hour shifts (either 7a.m. - 3p.m. or 3p.m. – 11:00 p.m.), Mon - Fri, these shifts do not rotate. When running overtime, these shifts will be 5a.m.-3p.m. and 3p.m to 1a.m. Overtime paid after 40 hours per week.
What does a Die Cutter do?
The Die Cutter Machine Operator efficiently performs set-up and operates machines that die cut blank and/or pre-printed stock. Responsibilities include confirmation of accuracy and completeness of order, dies, set-up and installation, paper stock, and the load and feed of paper, and the effectiveness and accuracy of cutting, staging completed work per instructions, and area maintenance. These die-cutters can do a combination of foil stamping, die cutting and embossing.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Follow all Company policies, procedures and guidelines as well as take actions that support team work, safety, contamination control, efficiency and good housekeeping.
- Know and abide by all Standard Operating Procedures.
- Follow the pre-production, make ready, and production run tasks.
- Operate powered equipment
- Occasionally train workers on the Die Cutting Machine operations, including the feeding and take off functions.
- Ensure the work area is clean, and that non-conforming, over-runs, and/or waste are delivered to the appropriate repository.
- Cross-train as assigned
- Follow and adhere to all Personal Protective Equipment rules and regulations
- Perform other responsibilities as assigned
- Previous Die Cutter Experience running Bobst or Brausse equipment highly desired
- Be able to perform work related math functions (which includes the ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide)
- Be familiar with production and processing
- Have sufficient skill and experience with troubleshooting
- Must be able to multi-task
- Must be able to lift 10-15 pounds continuously, and lift up to 50 pounds occasionally
- Have the ability to stand long hours, stop, crouch, kneel, crawl, climb and use hands and wrists continuously in controlled movement
- Good verbal and written comprehension, with ability to receive and follow instructions
- Ability to thrive in a team environment and work independently with minimal supervision
The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Additional Company Information
We offer excellent benefits to eligible employees, including 401(k), holidays, vacations and more.
Quad is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and values diversity. We are committed to creating a place of belonging — a space where employees do not need to sacrifice who they are to exist and grow in our workplace. Quad does not discriminate on any unlawful basis including race, religion, color, national origin, disability, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Quad also prohibits harassment of applicants and employees based on any of these protected categories.
Drug Free Workplace
Categories at a glance
Explore available opportunities by job type, click each to learn more.
Develop sales strategies to help solve our clients’ challenges and grow their business.
Concept and design compelling campaigns and products for leading retailers, publishers and brand marketers.
Develop plans to buy and schedule media to support clients' marketing objectives from print to digital media and broadcast.
Gain real-work experience through internships and trainee programs with strategic entry-level opportunities.
Make an impact in strategic administrative roles that include information technology (IT), accounting, legal and marketing.
Make quality print products in a highly automated and technologically advanced environment.
Be part of a team that drives our success.
Electrical & Mechanical
Be a problem solver and join a team that ensures our facilities, offices and equipment are running efficiently.
Manage client relationships and their projects from within a facility, creative studio or in the client’s on-site location.