Folder/Gluer OperatorApply Job ID 19175 Date posted Apr. 07, 2021 Location Burlington, Wisconsin Full Time / Part Time Full time (FT)
Printers to the core, Quad/Graphics’ manufacturing employees take pride in being the best at putting ink on paper for our clients. We work in a fast-paced environment focused on getting quality work out the door and into the hands of consumers. Though physically demanding, the work is rewarding and you’ll excel if you thrive on rolling up your sleeves and getting the job done.
Quad is currently hiring Essential Workers who want to make a difference - Imagine more than you have today. Your career starts here. Be greater than you thought possible and reap the rewards of your success and growth. We are in the business of developing people. Promotions are based on your performance – You are in charge of your career!
At Quad we value and reward manufacturing experience by providing a competitive wage. Individuals with print experience can have a starting wage of up to $25/hr. You have immediate opportunities to advance – driving you to be better than yesterday. As your career progresses, there are multiple upward paths available, as we are continuously looking for our next group of leaders to excel within the organization.
The Burlington plant is a one-stop shop for custom and specialty print work. Burlington employees can do it all – from books to brochures, catalogs to calendars, and direct mail to directories. It has 10 Color Sheetfed capabilities including UV Inks and Specialty Finishes, Die Cutting, Embossing, Folding, Gluing all in-house. At 145,000 square feet, this plant is a part of our Commercial & Specialty group.
Quad is a Wisconsin-based company, which is among the largest magazine and direct-mail printers in the U.S. Our company leverages its strong print foundation as part of a much larger, robust integrated marketing services platform that helps marketers and content creators improve the efficiency and effectiveness of their marketing spend across offline and online media channels.
Quad is closely following the 2019 Novel Coronavirus Disease (COVID-19), and implementing processes that promote the safety of our employees, candidates, customers and communities. We follow CDC and local health authorities, federal and state governments along with best practices and recommendations from our healthcare subsidiary, QuadMed.
BE YOUR OWN SUCCESS STORY. BE SOMETHING GREATER. BE QUAD.
Quad is seeking Folder/Gluer Operators at our Burlington, WI plant location. The Operator performs set-up and operates the machine to automatically fold, glue, and affix inserts and/or outserts on preprinted stock to ensure that production accurately meets the customer job order.
Responsibilities to include:
- Make-Ready functions
- Production: Activate process; monitor production and adjust machine during production run as required. Synchronize speed of machine to maximize crews output.
- Perform and/or arrange for preventative maintenance according to schedule.
- Record router information and information for daily production sheets such as: time spent on specific tasks, number of items produced, etc.
- Occasionally train workers on the Folding and Gluing Machine operations, and the feeding and take off functions.
- Cross train as assigned.
- Experience with the following equipment: Folding and gluing machines, automatic sealing equipment, Inserters, Tape Heads, computers, trash compactor, automatic labelers (EAM), and roller-conveyor table
- Familiar with production and processing. Understands inputs, outputs, raw materials, waste, quality control, costs and techniques for maximizing the manufacture and distribution of goods. Able to analyze needs and production requirements.
- Troubleshooting experience and skill sufficient to analyze the process, determine what is causing an operating error and/or identify what must be changed, and generate a number of possible solutions and/or use logic and analysis to decide what to do about it.
- Able to perform work related functions requiring the ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide, read, and interpret instructions, job orders, production sheets, and work-related documents.
- Able to clearly communicate problems and malfunctions to co-workers and lead/management.
- Ability to work either a M-F, 1st shift (7am-3pm) or 2nd shift (3pm-11pm) work schedule.
- Machine repair and maintenance experience preferred
- Computer experience preferred (Data Collection Station)
- Folding/Gluing Operator Experience preferred
Additional Company Information
We offer excellent benefits to eligible employees, including 401(k), holidays, vacations and more.
Quad is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and values diversity. We are committed to creating a place of belonging — a space where employees do not need to sacrifice who they are to exist and grow in our workplace. Quad does not discriminate on any unlawful basis including race, religion, color, national origin, disability, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Quad also prohibits harassment of applicants and employees based on any of these protected categories.
Drug Free Workplace
Categories at a glance
Explore available opportunities by job type, click each to learn more.
Develop sales strategies to help solve our clients’ challenges and grow their business.
Concept and design compelling campaigns and products for leading retailers, publishers and brand marketers.
Develop plans to buy and schedule media to support clients' marketing objectives from print to digital media and broadcast.
Gain real-work experience through internships and trainee programs with strategic entry-level opportunities.
Make an impact in strategic administrative roles that include information technology (IT), accounting, legal and marketing.
Make quality print products in a highly automated and technologically advanced environment.
Be part of a team that drives our success.
Electrical & Mechanical
Be a problem solver and join a team that ensures our facilities, offices and equipment are running efficiently.
Manage client relationships and their projects from within a facility, creative studio or in the client’s on-site location.