General Manufacturing Second Shift Will Train $16 per hourApply Job ID 18565 Date posted Jan. 13, 2021 Location Burlington, Wisconsin Full Time / Part Time Full time (FT)
Are you ready for a new and fun career where we will train you to become a printer?
Quad is seeking to fill entry level 2nd shift positions within the finishing department. You will work a Monday - Friday schedule from 3 p.m.-11:00 p.m. and until 1 a.m. when there is overtime.
We are looking for career minded employees who are interested in growing into career. On the job training will be provided. You will work on a team in the creation of various well known magazines/catalogs/newspaper inserts and other related products. Competitive entry level compensation starts at $16.00! Will pay more depending on experience.
Job duties for this position include:
- Assist with machine set up
- Cutting paper covers, end sheets, etc. and stacking them on a skid
- Keep machine and work area clean
- Pursue continued improvement to achieve maximum possible net books per shift / week / year
- Ensure that product output meets all applicable specifications by adhering to all process instructions and inspecting their output per instruction plans and criteria
- Follow all safety rules and use personal protective equipment (PPE) when appropriate
- Assist in a regular program of cleaning, lubrication, preventive maintenance, and maintenance on assigned equipment.
- Perform other related duties as assigned
- Successful completion of all company sponsored training.
- Must be able to lift, handle, and manipulate up to 70 pounds
- Must be able to work 3p.m.-11p.m, 3p.m.-1a.m. or 3p.m.- 3 a.m. when needed for overtime (over-time paid over 40 hours per week).
- Able to tolerate prolonged standing, walking, stooping, kneeling and crawling
- Strong mechanical ability
Additional Company Information
We offer excellent benefits to eligible employees, including 401(k), holidays, vacations and more.
Quad is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and values diversity. We are committed to creating a place of belonging — a space where employees do not need to sacrifice who they are to exist and grow in our workplace. Quad does not discriminate on any unlawful basis including race, religion, color, national origin, disability, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Quad also prohibits harassment of applicants and employees based on any of these protected categories.
Drug Free Workplace
Categories at a glance
Explore available opportunities by job type, click each to learn more.
Develop sales strategies to help solve our clients’ challenges and grow their business.
Concept and design compelling campaigns and products for leading retailers, publishers and brand marketers.
Develop plans to buy and schedule media to support clients' marketing objectives from print to digital media and broadcast.
Gain real-work experience through internships and trainee programs with strategic entry-level opportunities.
Make an impact in strategic administrative roles that include information technology (IT), accounting, legal and marketing.
Make quality print products in a highly automated and technologically advanced environment.
Be part of a team that drives our success.
Electrical & Mechanical
Be a problem solver and join a team that ensures our facilities, offices and equipment are running efficiently.
Manage client relationships and their projects from within a facility, creative studio or in the client’s on-site location.