KBA Sheetfed Second Press OperatorApply Job ID 18567 Date posted Jan. 12, 2021 Location Burlington, Wisconsin Full Time / Part Time Full time (FT)
Are you looking for a company that can provide you with both a challenging and rewarding career? If you are, we have the perfect opportunity for you!
Quad prides itself on having a grow from within philosophy where employees are provided the opportunity to learn in their roles and grow within the company.
The Burlington plant is a one-stop shop for custom and specialty print work. Burlington employees can do it all – from books to brochures, catalogs to calendars, and direct mail to directories. It has 10 Color Sheetfed capabilities including UV Inks and Specialty Finishes, Die Cutting, Embossing, Folding, Gluing all in-house.
Quad is currently seeking a KBA Sheetfed Second Press Operator to work in the Burlington, Wisconsin plant. We have an opening on days, working 7a.m.-7p.m. This position is responsible for set up and operation of Press equipment to customer-supplied specifications while maintaining production by planning and organizing jobs and continuously monitoring quality. Additionally, operators are responsible for cleanliness and keeping press maintained mechanically. Some positions will have direct reports.
Job duties include, but are not limited to:
- Maintaining the press in a safe manner.
- Performing regular maintenance and up keep of the press.
- Checking for proper ink, paper and maintain proper levels of supplies around the press.
- Assisting in register and sheet rule up.
- Adhering to and following the plant processes and plant standard operating procedures.
Successful candidates must have the following:
- Must have 2 years Second press operator experience.
- Experience with KBA 864 UV press preferred. Those with Heidelberg 640, 1040, 1240 or other makes will also be considered!
- Must have some perfecting experience.
- Must have some understanding of color.
- A strong mechanical aptitude is required.
- Must have eye/hand coordination when inside the unit while making adjustments.
- Must have ability to utilize the computer to ensure quality of the product.
- Ability to lift 10-15 pounds continuously, the ability to lift up to 70 pounds occasionally, stand long hours (12-hour shift), use hands and wrists continuously in controlled movement, receive and follow instructions and use vision in order to identify defects.
- Ability to work 12 hour shifts, 7 a.m.-7 p.m. 36 hours one week and 48 the next with overtime and holidays as required (OT paid over 40 hours per week).
- Ability to pass a color test is required.
- Must also be able to work with and effectively communicate with clients at Press OK's.
Additional Company Information
We offer excellent benefits to eligible employees, including 401(k), holidays, vacations and more.
Quad is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and values diversity. We are committed to creating a place of belonging — a space where employees do not need to sacrifice who they are to exist and grow in our workplace. Quad does not discriminate on any unlawful basis including race, religion, color, national origin, disability, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Quad also prohibits harassment of applicants and employees based on any of these protected categories.
Categories at a glance
Explore available opportunities by job type, click each to learn more.
Develop sales strategies to help solve our clients’ challenges and grow their business.
Concept and design compelling campaigns and products for leading retailers, publishers and brand marketers.
Develop plans to buy and schedule media to support clients' marketing objectives from print to digital media and broadcast.
Gain real-work experience through internships and trainee programs with strategic entry-level opportunities.
Make an impact in strategic administrative roles that include information technology (IT), accounting, legal and marketing.
Make quality print products in a highly automated and technologically advanced environment.
Be part of a team that drives our success.
Electrical & Mechanical
Be a problem solver and join a team that ensures our facilities, offices and equipment are running efficiently.
Manage client relationships and their projects from within a facility, creative studio or in the client’s on-site location.