Second Shift Finishing Full Time General LaborerApply Job ID 25369 Date posted Feb. 24, 2023 Location Burlington, Wisconsin
Quad is currently hiring Essential Workers who want to make a difference - Imagine more than you have today. Your career starts here. Be greater than you thought possible and reap the rewards of your success and growth. We are in the business of developing people. Promotions are based on your performance – You are in charge of your career!
At Quad, The General Laborer's entry-level wages for full-time start between $17.50 - $19.50 / hour. You have immediate opportunities to advance – driving you to be better than yesterday. In addition, we value and reward manufacturing experience by providing a competitive wage. Individuals with print experience can have a starting wage of up to $27 / hour. As your career progresses, there are multiple upward paths available, as we are continuously looking for our next group of leaders to excel within the organization. Quad prides itself on having a grow-from-within philosophy where employees are provided the opportunity to learn in their roles and grow within the company.
The Burlington plant is a one-stop shop for custom and specialty print work. Burlington employees can do it all – from books to brochures, catalogs to calendars, and direct mail to directories. It has 10 Color Sheetfed capabilities including UV Inks and Specialty Finishes, Die Cutting, Embossing, Folding, and Gluing - all in-house. We offer competitive pay, health, dental, pharmacy, and life insurance, 401k, vacation, and other great benefits.
Quad is a Wisconsin-based company, which is among the largest magazine and direct-mail printers in the U.S. Our company leverages its strong print foundation as part of a much larger, robust integrated marketing services platform that helps marketers and content creators improve the efficiency and effectiveness of their marketing spend across offline and online media channels.
Job duties for this position include:
- Assist with the machine setup.
- Cutting paper covers, end sheets, etc., and stacking them on a skid
- Keep machine and work area clean.
- Pursue continued improvement to achieve the maximum possible netbooks per shift/week/year.
- Ensure that product output meets all applicable specifications by adhering to all process instructions and inspecting their output per instruction plans and criteria.
- Follow all safety rules and use personal protective equipment (PPE) when appropriate.
- Assist in a regular program of cleaning, lubrication, preventive maintenance, and maintenance on assigned equipment.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Successful completion of all company-sponsored training.
- Must be able to lift, handle, and manipulate up to 70 pounds.
- Must be able to work 3 p.m.-1 a.m.., Monday - Through Friday with the opportunity to work overtime when needed (overtime paid over 40 hours per week).
- Able to tolerate prolonged standing, walking, stooping, kneeling, and crawling.
- Strong mechanical ability
Categories at a glance
Explore available opportunities by job type, click each to learn more.
Develop sales strategies to help solve our clients’ challenges and grow their business.
Concept and design compelling campaigns and products for leading retailers, publishers and brand marketers.
Develop plans to buy and schedule media to support clients' marketing objectives from print to digital media and broadcast.
Manage client relationships and their projects from within a facility, creative studio or in the client’s on-site location.
Make an impact in strategic administrative roles that include information technology (IT), accounting, legal and marketing.
Make quality print products in a highly automated and technologically advanced environment.
Drivers & Logistics
Create customized distribution solutions to move freight on-time, every time, delivering on customers' needs.
Electrical & Mechanical
Be a problem solver and join a team that ensures our facilities, offices and equipment are running efficiently.
Gain real-work experience through internships and trainee programs with strategic entry-level opportunities.
The importance of caring for one another, runs deep. It is at the heart of our healthcare and wellness programs, our retirement plans, all of our benefits. It's how we build rich, balanced lives for ourselves and our families, at work and at home.
From the very beginning, Quad has been defined by the people who work here. Our values, our skills, our creativity – it has all grown from those very first days in business, passed from worker to worker, built on the relationships – the trust – between us. All the presses, computers and technology; all the buildings; all the resources; none of it matters without the people who make Quad work.