Second Shift MBO Folder OperatorApply Job ID 18562 Date posted Jan. 13, 2021 Location Burlington, Wisconsin Full Time / Part Time Full time (FT)
Printers to the core, Quad/Graphics’ manufacturing employees take pride in being the best at putting ink on paper for our clients. We work in a fast-paced environment focused on getting quality work out the door and into the hands of consumers. Though physically demanding, the work is rewarding and you’ll excel if you thrive on rolling up your sleeves and getting the job done.
Quad in Burlington is seeking experienced Finishing Machine Operators. Do you have experience working within the print industry, specifically within the bindery? If yes, we need to talk. Competitive wages offered based on experience!
The Burlington plant is a one-stop shop for custom and specialty print work. Burlington employees can do it all – from books to brochures, catalogs to calendars, and direct mail to directories. It has 10 Color Sheetfed capabilities including UV Inks and Specialty Finishes, Die Cutting, Embossing, Folding, Gluing all in-house.
We Offer a great teamwork environment, development/growth opportunities,competitive pay, full service medical, dental, pharmacy and optical facilities, on-site fitness and rehabilitation centers at a number of different plants, paid vacation, 9 paid holidays per year, weekly paychecks and paid overtime over 40 hours per week.
Available Work Schedules that fit your lifestyle and needs:
8 hour shifts (3p.m. – 11:00 p.m.), Mon - Fri, these shifts do not rotate. When running overtime, these shifts will be 3p.m to 1a.m.
What does a Finishing Operator do?
The Folder Operator role that we are looking to fill is for an MBO buckle folder, which produced signatures, covers, inserts, brochures, and any component work common to commercial printing and book manufacturing.
They are also responsible for:
- The set-up, operation, and maintenance of the folding machines
- Monitoring and maintaining quality by following company SOPs.
- Providing oversight, direction and training to general workers or temporary staff members assigned to assist in the folding area.
- Basic maintenance and troubleshooting
- Performing other bindery and related functions as the need arises.
Successful candidates must meet the following requirements:
- Previous Finishing Operator experience including the ability to set up and operate bindery equipment is required. Knowledge of cutting, mailing and folding highly desired.
- The ability to bend and lift 10-15 pounds continuously, ability to lift up to 70 pounds occasionally, stand long hours, use hands and wrists continuously in controlled movement
- Receive and follow instructions and use vision in order to identify defects
- Perform repetitious tasks in a fast-paced atmosphere with or without a reasonable accommodation is necessary.
- Excellent communication skills, including good verbal and written comprehension is required.
- The ability to perform basic math calculations is essential.
The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Additional Company Information
We offer excellent benefits to eligible employees, including 401(k), holidays, vacations and more.
Quad is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and values diversity. We are committed to creating a place of belonging — a space where employees do not need to sacrifice who they are to exist and grow in our workplace. Quad does not discriminate on any unlawful basis including race, religion, color, national origin, disability, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Quad also prohibits harassment of applicants and employees based on any of these protected categories.
Drug Free Workplace
Categories at a glance
Explore available opportunities by job type, click each to learn more.
Develop sales strategies to help solve our clients’ challenges and grow their business.
Concept and design compelling campaigns and products for leading retailers, publishers and brand marketers.
Develop plans to buy and schedule media to support clients' marketing objectives from print to digital media and broadcast.
Gain real-work experience through internships and trainee programs with strategic entry-level opportunities.
Make an impact in strategic administrative roles that include information technology (IT), accounting, legal and marketing.
Make quality print products in a highly automated and technologically advanced environment.
Be part of a team that drives our success.
Electrical & Mechanical
Be a problem solver and join a team that ensures our facilities, offices and equipment are running efficiently.
Manage client relationships and their projects from within a facility, creative studio or in the client’s on-site location.