Media PlannerApply Job ID 15095 Date posted Sep. 03, 2019 Location Byron Center, Michigan Full Time / Part Time Full time (FT)
The primary role of the Media Planner is to provide information and insights to facilitate the planning and placement of all clients’ media needs. The Media Planner is responsible to assist clients in establishing budgets, recommending media plans, and maintaining good relationships with clients and on-site personnel.
- Provide information and direction to the internal media buying teams on the execution of client media campaigns.
- Maintain current knowledge on the markets they are responsible for.
- Ability to construct effective and efficient media recommendations.
- Coordinates and manages multiple projects simultaneously.
- Establishes timelines for needed budgets and approvals then works with the Client Service associates to meet deadlines.
- Maintains resource and media files on target markets/client’s media footprint
- Ability to evaluate consumer demographics and target potential consumers.
- Evaluate effectiveness of campaigns to modify future media investments.
- Maintains media reports for clients as requested.
- Alerts client service Directors and clients of special media offers/placement opportunities.
- Evaluates media opportunities and platforms in order to make a recommendation to the client.
- Ensure media campaigns are billed.
- Ensures completion of projects approved by clients.
- Provide feedback to Director, Managers, Supervisors, Buyers and Media Coordinators for performance and development.
- Proficient computer skills including (MS Word, MS Excel, MS Outlook, MS PowerPoint).
4-year college degree or equivalent in marketing, advertising or related field
2-8 years of experience in providing media services to retail clients
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong ability to multi-task projects/tasks as well as communicate with other departments.
- Should have an understanding of print advertising.
- Experience in the Newspaper industry.
- Experienced with Newspaper, Outdoor and general digital experience.
Categories at a glance
Explore available opportunities by job type, click each to learn more.
Develop sales strategies to help solve our clients’ challenges and grow their business.
Concept and design compelling campaigns and products for leading retailers, publishers and brand marketers.
Develop plans to buy and schedule media to support clients' marketing objectives from print to digital media and broadcast.
Gain real-work experience through internships and trainee programs with strategic entry-level opportunities.
Make an impact in strategic administrative roles that include information technology (IT), accounting, legal and marketing.
Make quality print products in a highly automated and technologically advanced environment.
Be part of a team that drives our success.
Electrical & Mechanical
Be a problem solver and join a team that ensures our facilities, offices and equipment are running efficiently.
Manage client relationships and their projects from within a facility, creative studio or in the client’s on-site location.