$2,000 New Hire Bonus Plate Maker-$17.35 - $23.75
- Chalfont, Pennsylvania
More than just another employer, we pride ourselves on being a company with a soul. Quad’s culture is built on a rich legacy of passionate, innovative people always striving to find a better way. As a global marketing services provider, Quad leverages worldwide capabilities and leading-edge technology to help brand owners market and distribute their products more efficiently and effectively - transforming the industry with the combined power of digital and print.
Fueled by innovative, interesting days, careers at Quad instill a sense of empowerment and possibility as you gain the skills and confidence to advance as our platform evolves. Join the Quad team today and develop your career – work side-by-side with skilled professionals, operate multi-million dollar pieces of equipment, and experience first-hand the values that have guided us from day one. Work hard, move fast, contribute new ideas and proudly wear Quad Blue!
- Full Time and part time positions
- 8 or 12hour shifts
- Level: Entry to Skilled
- Paid Vacation
What makes a successful Machine Operator at Quad?
Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Goal-oriented 7
- Motivational 5
- Team Player 6
- Innovative 5
- Results Driven 8
- Confident 7
- Problem solver
Everado - Press Operator
“Running a machine is all I wanted to do when I started. I am thankful that I was able to learn a new career and have new opportunities at Quad.”
Learn More About Us
Join Our Ranks – Advancement, Culture and Innovation
Meet Rondell – CareerPath to Success with Quad
Innovate – Quad’s Corporate Values
Production opportunities at Quad instill a sense of empowerment and possibility distinct from those at other employers. Quad’s state-of-the-art manufacturing facilities include world-class automation and printing technology. This includes guided vehicles (driverless fork trucks) and world-class digital presses that give our clients a full range of options to produce personalized marketing products. Fueled by innovative, interesting days, you’ll find hard work is good work, and feel a deep sense of pride in a job well done – something shared by everyone in the community we call Quad.
The purpose of this job is to make offset plates for press.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to maintain operate plate making equipment.
- Troubleshooting equipment and process.
- Responsible for tracking or moving job components through production using Quad Smarttools or Imaging IT-developed applications
- Training other Offset Platemakers
- General knowledge of workflows and procedures for the assigned area.
- Checking product for quality.
- Immediate identification, segregation and notification of recognized non-conformances or product defect.
- Work schedules necessary to meet the production needs of our customers.
- Basic working knowledge of the various computer platforms used throughout Imaging.
- Understanding Press Layout configurations (Saddle Stitch/Perfect Bound/Gatefolds etc.)
- Communicating information between shifts.
- Cross training with other departments.
- Beta testing new workflows/ideas.
- Testing new plate setting equipment and consumables.
- High School diploma or equivalent required, college degree preferred.
- 3-5 years previous pre-press experience required, electronic prepress background preferred. Basic prep work flow, pressroom specifications.
- Thorough knowledge of Macintosh operating system.
- Moderate knowledge of PC operating systems.
- Thorough knowledge of all major desktop publishing programs.
- Must be analytical and accurate.
- Ability to troubleshoot customer-supplied digital media for potential workflow issues.
- Basic understanding of color separations, color theory and color correction.
- Basic knowledge of manufacturing processes in all DMS facilities.
- Strong communication skills with internal and external customers.
- Ability to work with colleagues of diverse backgrounds.
- Willingness to work overtime as required, as well as weekends.
This position is moderately physically demanding. The employee is primarily standing while performing the duties of the position. Walking, bending, stooping, twisting and turning on a daily basis. Ability to lift up to 40 pounds.
We offer excellent benefits to eligible employees, including 401(k), holidays, vacations and more.
Quad is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and values diversity. We are committed to creating a place of belonging — a space where employees do not need to sacrifice who they are to exist and grow in our workplace. Quad does not discriminate on any unlawful basis including race, religion, color, national origin, disability, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Quad also prohibits harassment of applicants and employees based on any of these protected categories.
Drug Free Workplace