Art DirectorApply Job ID 12693 Date posted Mar. 25, 2019 Location Chesapeake, Virginia Full Time / Part Time Full time (FT)
Quad is seeking an experienced Art Director to be based onsite with one of our retail clients in Chesapeake, VA. The primary role of the Art Director is to lead creative designs within business groups and development of final visual images that communicate the organization’s marketing objectives to the consumer
- Oversee the artistic development of marketing and promotional materials, including print, radio, or television advertisements; collateral; web sites; photography; and internal and external corporate publications
- Create layout comps, rough and presentation material as requested
- Lead graphic designers and photographer on projects
- Attend client meetings and present creative materials and ideas
- Electronically build, create and assemble various print projects in accordance with agency and client specifications This includes, but not limited to data entry and copy fitting, image manipulation, art creation or modification
- Expected to strategize, design, and even produce high-end results
- Propose creative concept elements for potential and new projects
- Prepare client proofs for approval and make corrections and/or modifications to client proofs as requested
- Assist in project and/or client customer service needs- this may include direct communication with the client
- Assist in finding efficiencies for the department
- Be aware of Graphic & Advertising Trends
- Attend Client turnover meetings to gather critical information and participate in strategizing by making recommendations for the creative functions of the projects to meet the marketing objective, combat competitive threats and support the strategic campaigns
- Assure timely communication with all parties of project directions and design of the projects with rough concept/layouts, to help communicate the wants and needs for the project.
- Manage, critique and direct client proofs to provide brand consistencies and ensure brand standards are followed by all internal and external parties.
- Ensure that our high quality of creative and production is upheld by maintaining high standards for themselves and others on the team.
- Bachelor’s degree in Graphic Design or equivalent in graphic design
- Minimum of 8 years’ experience designing for retail inserts, catalogs, direct mail and in-store signage
- Minimum of 5 years of experience as a Mac Operator and Graphic Designer
- Proficiency in all Mac-based, industry-standard software programs including, but not limited to, InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator. Some knowledge of the Windows platform is also required and familiarity with Flash and HTML a plus.
- Must have strong project management skills, ability to think strategically and manage multiple priorities, anticipate demands, coordinate stringent deadlines and properly estimate time for work
- Specific experience in direct mail, and retail circular inserts
- Possesses exceptional typographic and clear, concise solution-based design skill
- Knowledge of all steps required for the print process and an understanding of production methods to ensure designs can be produced for print delivery
- High-level expertise in constructing clean, layered files, and knowledge of creating and working with templates and style sheets.
- Experience interacting with marketing and branding divisions in large companies
- Familiarity with digital proofing systems (Network and Online)
- Ability to demonstrate competency in layout sketching and typography in a portfolio
You'll work in a friendly, fast-paced, casual environment and be rewarded for your contributions with a competitive compensation package and our commitment to supporting work-life balance. We offer excellent benefits to eligible employees, including 401(k), holidays, vacations and more.
Quad/Graphics is an equal employment opportunity employer. The Company’s policy is not to unlawfully discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, age, military or veteran status, disability, genetic information or any other consideration made unlawful by applicable federal, state, or local laws. The Company also prohibits harassment of applicants and employees based on any of these protected categories.
Drug Free Workplace
Categories at a glance
Explore available opportunities by job type, click each to learn more.
Develop sales strategies to help solve our clients’ challenges and grow their business.
Concept and design compelling campaigns and products for leading retailers, publishers and brand marketers.
Develop plans to buy and schedule media to support clients' marketing objectives from print to digital media and broadcast.
Gain real-work experience through internships and trainee programs with strategic entry-level opportunities.
Make an impact in strategic administrative roles that include information technology (IT), accounting, legal and marketing.
Make quality print products in a highly automated and technologically advanced environment.
Be part of a team that drives our success.
Electrical & Mechanical
Be a problem solver and join a team that ensures our facilities, offices and equipment are running efficiently.
Manage client relationships and their projects from within a facility, creative studio or in the client’s on-site location.