Creative DirectorApply Job ID 12691 Date posted Mar. 14, 2019 Location Chesapeake, Virginia Full Time / Part Time Full time (FT)
Quad is seeking an experienced Creative Director (CD) to lead creative efforts for our client by directing diverse creative teams to deliver exceptional strategic & creative thinking that leads to effective marketplace response. This position will be based onsite with one of our retail clients in Chesapeake, VA.
Reporting to the Client Services Director, the CD provides day-to-day energetic and inspirational creative leadership, establishing and maintaining brand-savvy creative delivery and efficient working processes for assigned teams. S/he will participate directly with the client and Quad teams in the strategic development of the creative work, while motivating, mentoring, and managing creative team members, with a constant eye towards continuous improvement of strategic creative development processes and solutions, while maintaining high quality standards.
In addition to providing leadership for all creative at the individual site location, the Creative Director will also provide a valuable link to the Quad network of creative offices through creative interaction with the other Creative Directors and the Executive Creative Directors for Strategic Vision and Adaptive Design at the network level.
- Foster/maintain strong relationships with the client’s marketing, creative and merchandising leadership teams
- Collaborate with team to continually advance the client relationship
- Collaborate with strategists, account management team, art directors, writers and other team members to translate the client’s marketing objectives into clear creative strategies and the development of creative solutions and assets based on those established strategies
- Lead development of creative ideas and multi-channel executions that are innovative and consistently push the creative bar higher
- Partner with Quad account management team to understand project scope, timelines and budgets, to manage through the constant interaction with the coordinators to deliver within those parameters
- Provide mentorship, guidance and career development for creative team members
- Proactively engage in hiring and training creative staff as well as maintaining appropriate forward vision for staffing skill sets and talent requirements as client engagement evolves
- Proactively identify strategic, creative and workflow opportunities and solutions to build both the internal team’s delivery as well as the client’s competitive position in the market place
- Collaborate with Client Services Director and other team leads on consistent application of continuous improvement practices across all teams and in accordance with company standards
- Effectively present compelling creative to existing clients and in new business pitches
- Collaborate with Client Services Director to develop and meet labor planning goals and employee engagement initiatives to enrich on-site Quad culture
- 10+ years agency experience required
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Communications, Graphic Design or Advertising preferred
- Proven understanding of branding, marketing, advertising, and their strategies
- Strong understanding of print marketing campaigns, as well as new media/technology trends and tools, including social media tools
- Work well with others, including internal staff and external audiences
- Must be articulate, inspiring, charismatic and a skilled presenter
- Exceptional listening skills to properly assess the needs of the assignments and the client
- Competitive spirit and strong work ethic
You'll work in a friendly, fast-paced, casual environment and be rewarded for your contributions with a competitive compensation package and our commitment to supporting work-life balance. We offer excellent benefits to eligible employees, including 401(k), holidays, vacations and more.
Quad/Graphics is an equal employment opportunity employer. The Company’s policy is not to unlawfully discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, age, military or veteran status, disability, genetic information or any other consideration made unlawful by applicable federal, state, or local laws. The Company also prohibits harassment of applicants and employees based on any of these protected categories.
Drug Free Workplace
Categories at a glance
Explore available opportunities by job type, click each to learn more.
Develop sales strategies to help solve our clients’ challenges and grow their business.
Concept and design compelling campaigns and products for leading retailers, publishers and brand marketers.
Develop plans to buy and schedule media to support clients' marketing objectives from print to digital media and broadcast.
Gain real-work experience through internships and trainee programs with strategic entry-level opportunities.
Make an impact in strategic administrative roles that include information technology (IT), accounting, legal and marketing.
Make quality print products in a highly automated and technologically advanced environment.
Be part of a team that drives our success.
Electrical & Mechanical
Be a problem solver and join a team that ensures our facilities, offices and equipment are running efficiently.
Manage client relationships and their projects from within a facility, creative studio or in the client’s on-site location.