Creative Services ManagerApply Job ID 16692 Date posted Feb. 03, 2020 Location Chesapeake, Virginia Full Time / Part Time Full time (FT)
The Production Manager is responsible for the organization and management of Quad’s Creative and Production team, from start to release, ensuring high level of efficiency and productivity while responding to client requirements and ensuring high quality service. The Production Manager is responsible for the accurate and timely production of print, digital and ad hoc projects as needed.
- Manage the creative and production process
- Be responsible for ensuring that adequate levels of production are maintained, and such production is of a high standard of quality
- Ensure that equipment, materials and staffing resources are available and to be responsible for planning of work schedules to ensure that production targets and deadlines are achieved, in regard to customer requirements and service objectives
- Ensure the accuracy and completion of all project details
- Conduct project start meetings as necessary
- Track all events ensuring schedules are met, including timely notification and status updates to all marketing/production associates as necessary
- Regularly inform Client Services VP of any issues that may need attention or may be a cause for concern
- Understand print production and digital workflows and be able to efficiently follow them
- Ensure that all staff is adequately trained, and that maximum flexibility of staffing is maintained.
- Encourage and motivate performance, generate and sustain the enthusiasm and commitment of staff and develop a positive environment
- Ensure that staff have regular team briefings
- Perform annual performance reviews with team members
- Organize and authorize annual leave and overtime for staff within set parameters
- Contribute to initiatives to improve the efficiency, productivity and quality
- Research and recommend new equipment requirements which are in keeping with the business strategy for this Service
- Routinely review documents to guarantee mechanical soundness and adherence to creative styles
- Estimate work in terms of time needed to complete work
- Develop and refine process to increase productivity of production department without decrease in quality
- Serve as liaison between creative & production and other departments and represent department in associated meetings
- Demonstrate the ability to handle many issues, items and functions at one time and deal rapidly with multiple items in prioritized sequence
- Demonstrate the ability to set and prioritize goals and achieve them as scheduled
- Demonstrate flexibility to adjust to rapidly changing requirements and schedules
- Demonstrate an analytical approach to problem solving
- Demonstrate the ability to act on own initiative
- Demonstrates the ability to perform well and remain organized under tight deadlines
- Demonstrates a desire to learn, willingness to do both menial tasks and take on more complex challenges
- Other duties as assigned
Categories at a glance
Explore available opportunities by job type, click each to learn more.
Develop sales strategies to help solve our clients’ challenges and grow their business.
Concept and design compelling campaigns and products for leading retailers, publishers and brand marketers.
Develop plans to buy and schedule media to support clients' marketing objectives from print to digital media and broadcast.
Gain real-work experience through internships and trainee programs with strategic entry-level opportunities.
Make an impact in strategic administrative roles that include information technology (IT), accounting, legal and marketing.
Make quality print products in a highly automated and technologically advanced environment.
Be part of a team that drives our success.
Electrical & Mechanical
Be a problem solver and join a team that ensures our facilities, offices and equipment are running efficiently.
Manage client relationships and their projects from within a facility, creative studio or in the client’s on-site location.