PhotographerApply Job ID 12697 Date posted Mar. 14, 2019 Location Chesapeake, Virginia Full Time / Part Time Full time (FT)
Quad is seeking a Photographer to join our studio based within our client's Chesapeake, VA location. The Photographer is responsible for producing high quality photography for the client
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Perform in-studio and on-location photography
- Attend internal pre-production meetings and meeting with the client to determine scope of projects and offering solutions and creative input
- Exhibit a well-developed skill set and the ability to deliver photography where brand and lighting requirements need to be quickly and effectively attained
- Ability to understand art direction and reading layouts and sketches
- Determine necessary lighting requirements, set up, composition, background & prop choices, as well as any additional shooting specifications
- Able to evaluate images while remaining objective
- Associate or Trade School Degree in Photography, Media, Design, Visual Arts, Fine Arts, Business Management or equivalent work experience
- Minimum 3 years photo production experience in a commercial, high-volume, digital photography, retail, e-Commerce or advertising studio.
- Experience photographing product and people in a commercial studio
- Ability to work individually and as a team member in a creative group environment
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Understanding and working knowledge of still photography techniques, principles, equipment, and lighting techniques for commercial photography
- Experience with evaluation of photography for reproduction in print and electronic media (web images)
- Proficiency with Apple Macintosh computer platform/software
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office software: Outlook, Word, Excel & PowerPoint
- Experience with CaptureOne, Adobe Photoshop, MS Office
- A portfolio of demonstrable photography skills and abilities is required.
You'll work in a friendly, fast-paced, casual environment and be rewarded for your contributions with a competitive compensation package and our commitment to supporting work-life balance. We offer excellent benefits to eligible employees, including 401(k), holidays, vacations and more.
Quad/Graphics is an equal employment opportunity employer. The Company’s policy is not to unlawfully discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, age, military or veteran status, disability, genetic information or any other consideration made unlawful by applicable federal, state, or local laws. The Company also prohibits harassment of applicants and employees based on any of these protected categories.
Drug Free Workplace
Categories at a glance
Explore available opportunities by job type, click each to learn more.
Develop sales strategies to help solve our clients’ challenges and grow their business.
Concept and design compelling campaigns and products for leading retailers, publishers and brand marketers.
Develop plans to buy and schedule media to support clients' marketing objectives from print to digital media and broadcast.
Gain real-work experience through internships and trainee programs with strategic entry-level opportunities.
Make an impact in strategic administrative roles that include information technology (IT), accounting, legal and marketing.
Make quality print products in a highly automated and technologically advanced environment.
Be part of a team that drives our success.
Electrical & Mechanical
Be a problem solver and join a team that ensures our facilities, offices and equipment are running efficiently.
Manage client relationships and their projects from within a facility, creative studio or in the client’s on-site location.