Sr. Graphic DesignerApply Job ID 12690 Date posted Mar. 18, 2019 Location Chesapeake, Virginia Full Time / Part Time Full time (FT)
Quad is seeking a Sr. Graphic Designer to be based onsite with one of our clients in Chesapeake, VA. The primary role of the Sr. Graphic Designer is to design new ads and perform modifications as needed, as well as develop various signs and support materials as needed. Must be creative and have the ability to multitask on multiple projects in a fast-paced environment.
- Design and propose creative elements for visual purposes in client media collateral
- Create layout comps, rough and presentation material as requested
- Attend client meetings and present creative materials and ideas
- Electronically build, create and assemble various print/digital projects in accordance with agency and client specifications. This includes, but not limited to data entry and type setting, image manipulation, art creation or modification
- Propose creative concept elements for potential and new projects
- Prepare client proofs for approval
- Make corrections and modifications to client proofs as requested
- Assist in project and/or client customer service needs. This includes direct communications with the client.
- Develop and execute a project from concept to print
- Expected to strategize, design, and produce high-end results
- Be aware of Graphic & Advertising Trends as they relate to publication design
- Enter new items in ad pages, including copy and images. Use sources provided to add images to pages as necessary.
- Revise ads as required through the proofing process, checking for missing elements, re-arranging copy blocks and other ad elements as needed.
- Advise Manager on copy legibility and discrepancy issue in ad plans.
- Following established proofing procedures on all jobs proofing with associates as required, initial proof approval form as required.
- Follow established check-off procedures; drop completed files to prepress Out-Put Coordinators.
- Provide additional creative client support on special projects as needed.
- Provide project coordination support, including project initiation, scheduling and obtaining approvals and follow through on deliverables.
- 4-year college education or equivalent in graphic design
- Minimum of 3 years of experience as a Mac Operator and Graphic Artist
- Strong Proficiency with Adobe Creative Suite, with a focus in InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator required
- Ability to demonstrate competency in layout sketching and typography in a portfolio
- Understand the printing process to ensure that pages are built correctly for printing.
- General understanding of advertising, marketing, media, TV and radio terminology and processes
- Intermediate knowledge of visual design process and visual design principles
- Familiarity with digital proofing systems (Network and Online)
- Have excellent typographic and graphic design skill, superlative production design skills with a great attention to detail
- Must have strong project management skills, ability to think strategically and manage multiple priorities, anticipate demands, coordinate stringent deadlines and properly estimate time for work
- Demonstrates the ability to perform well and remain organized under pressure and tight deadlines
- Abide by Quad’s computer and internet information security guidelines and policies
- Ability to speak, read and write in the English language
We offer excellent benefits to eligible employees, including 401(k) and profit sharing plans, holidays, vacations and more.
Quad/Graphics is an equal employment opportunity employer. The Company’s policy is not to unlawfully discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, age, military or veteran status, disability, genetic information or any other consideration made unlawful by applicable federal, state, or local laws. The Company also prohibits harassment of applicants and employees based on any of these protected categories.
Drug Free Workplace
Categories at a glance
Explore available opportunities by job type, click each to learn more.
Develop sales strategies to help solve our clients’ challenges and grow their business.
Concept and design compelling campaigns and products for leading retailers, publishers and brand marketers.
Develop plans to buy and schedule media to support clients' marketing objectives from print to digital media and broadcast.
Gain real-work experience through internships and trainee programs with strategic entry-level opportunities.
Make an impact in strategic administrative roles that include information technology (IT), accounting, legal and marketing.
Make quality print products in a highly automated and technologically advanced environment.
Be part of a team that drives our success.
Electrical & Mechanical
Be a problem solver and join a team that ensures our facilities, offices and equipment are running efficiently.
Manage client relationships and their projects from within a facility, creative studio or in the client’s on-site location.