HR Senior Leader- ManufacturingApply Job ID 22459 Date posted May. 11, 2022 Location Chicago, Illinois Full Time / Part Time Full time (FT)
The HR Manufacturing Leader (HRML) is the most senior human resources leader aligned to Quad’s enterprise-wide manufacturing platform. Manufacturing consists of circa 9,000 employees across 40+ locations and produces roughly two-thirds of Quad’s annual revenue. The MHRL reports to the company’s Chief People & Legal Officer and is a member of the Senior HR Leadership Team. Additional key relationships for the MHRL include the EVP & Chief Operating Officer, EVP—Manufacturing, VP—Production, VPHR—Agency Solutions, VPHR—Talent, and VPHR—Total Rewards. The MHRL leads a team of HR Business Partners who directly support Plant Directors & Production Platform Leaders across the U.S.
The HRML will have a unique opportunity to influence and shape Quad’s people strategies for years to come. The company is at an inflection point, as is the case with so many other organizations, based on challenges presented throughout the COVID-19 pandemic. Quad has emerged from the pandemic years a strong and more diversified organization. The senior executive leadership of Quad, led by its Chairman, CEO and President, Joel Quadracci, clearly see abundant growth opportunities and are working tirelessly to realize them. A talented, vibrant, diverse workforce is essential in meeting Quad’s goals. In combination with the other senior HR leaders, the MHRL will help create, implement, and run the company’s HR strategy with a single-minded focus on success for Quad as a whole, and for each of its employees.
- Accountable for all facets of the HR strategy for the company’s manufacturing platforms across the enterprise.
- Lead an extended team of 15 HR Business Partners ensuring aligned vision and prioritization to support business objectives and people programs.
- Act as sounding board for manufacturing leadership across a wide variety of topics, and function as confidential advisor as needed.
- Lead large scale attraction, selection, on-boarding and retention projects whose purpose is to reduce attrition and grow overall career skillsets.
- Lead complex change management efforts on a cross-enterprise basis.
- Engage in strategic workforce planning to ensure the organizational design, capabilities, processes and systems best support company growth & efficiency.
- Foster an inclusive workplace that enables all employees to contribute to the organization at their full potential and ensure that each employee can bring their truest and best selves to work.
- Function as an executive sponsor for one or more Business Resource Groups, participate as a standing member of the DEI Task Force, and evangelize DEI programming throughout the organization.
- Build a strong talent succession strategy for manufacturing teams, with a concentration on Manager and above positions.
- Articulate the staffing, employee retention, employee relations, and other needs of business units; dynamically adjust solutions to meet those needs.
- Consult with HR’s Centers of Expertise and Shared Services Leaders on employee lifecycle programs:
- Lead the creation and implementation of a talent strategy for manufacturing across the employee lifecycle.
- Represent the manufacturing business in the creation and implementation of total reward programs that positively impact recruiting, retention, and engagement of employees; ensure the company’s competitive positioning remains stable to address inflationary trends.
- Lead the creation and implementation of retention projects and programs for critical skill & high potential employees, incl. long-term career development plans.
- Provide on-going consultation to manufacturing business leadership and HR Business Partners on services available from HR COEs and Shared Services; encourage active use of these resources.
- Build strong relationships with Corporate Communications, Legal, Safety, Finance and other business unit service groups to align programs with business unit strategies and directions
- Influence all levels of business leadership by establishing credibility, trust and rapport throughout the organization
- Provide leadership, advice, and support to management and employees that shapes and drives the Company’s Mission, Values, and Strategic Objectives
Background and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources, Business, or related field, or equivalent experience.
- At least 10 years in Human Resources leadership roles in a manufacturing environment or equivalent experience.
- Broad functional experience is strongly desired including compensation, benefits, labor relations, safety, learning & development, and change management.
- Strong ability to assess talent and provide direct feedback, coaching and, when needed, corrective action.
- Demonstrated ability to operate and influence in cross-functional environments to develop solutions to maximize business results.
- Familiarity with Federal, State and Local employment laws. PHR/SPHR certifications, or equivalent, desirable.
Additional Company Information
We offer excellent benefits to eligible employees, including 401(k), holidays, vacations and more.
Quad is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and values diversity. We are committed to creating a place of belonging — a space where employees do not need to sacrifice who they are to exist and grow in our workplace. Quad does not discriminate on any unlawful basis including race, religion, color, national origin, disability, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Quad also prohibits harassment of applicants and employees based on any of these protected categories.
Drug Free Workplace
Categories at a glance
Explore available opportunities by job type, click each to learn more.
Develop sales strategies to help solve our clients’ challenges and grow their business.
Concept and design compelling campaigns and products for leading retailers, publishers and brand marketers.
Develop plans to buy and schedule media to support clients' marketing objectives from print to digital media and broadcast.
Manage client relationships and their projects from within a facility, creative studio or in the client’s on-site location.
Make an impact in strategic administrative roles that include information technology (IT), accounting, legal and marketing.
Make quality print products in a highly automated and technologically advanced environment.
Drivers & Logistics
Create customized distribution solutions to move freight on-time, every time, delivering on customers' needs.
Electrical & Mechanical
Be a problem solver and join a team that ensures our facilities, offices and equipment are running efficiently.
Gain real-work experience through internships and trainee programs with strategic entry-level opportunities.