Senior Copywriter - DMApply Job ID 15752 Date posted Nov. 14, 2019 Location Chicago, Illinois Full Time / Part Time Full time (FT)
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, esp. the ability to write direct response marketing content and present with little input from manager.
- Understand various persona segments & write integrated DM content across a variety of media – traditional, digital, social; B2B as well as B2C.
- Provide conceptual direction and rationale writing (beyond copy) to lead creative development and presentation.
- Demonstrate consistent quality and accuracy across all project work and communication.
- Work closely across teams to gather & assess information for creative execution, (copy & other content).
- Strong creative, strategic, problem-solving, and interpersonal skills to work with people at all levels, maintaining regular communication with both customer and internal teams.
- Oversee and mentor DM writing of more junior writers.
- Lifecycle project management including analyzing client requirements, scoping, scheduling, strategizing activities/concepts, execution (writing), and timely team handoffs.
- Gain approval from various stakeholders, including creative, account, client and legal teams.
- Strong presentation skills and the ability to lead cross-functional team meetings and gain creative consensus.
- Develop and maintain marketing calendars and work across multiple channels to maintain team organization.
- Communicate formal post-mortem to capture knowledge, lessons learned, best practices and resources, and deliver to the creative team for growth.
- Demonstrate accountability, initiative, and resourcefulness to support the businesses.
- Ability to assess needs and create solutions to meet goals, including issue management and resolution skills.
- Effectively understand and communicate all marketing possibilities / limitations when working with creative & account teams; anticipate needs and key points in projects for which creative expertise is required.
- 4-year college degree or equivalent
- 2-4 years of experience as a Senior Copywriter
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills (English language) across multiple direct response marketing media – digital to print to TV / radio to social.
- Strong understanding of target segmentation, personas and their direct influence on DM content.
- Knowledge of the latest digital and ftp technology and communications.
- Knowledge of POS and store signage.
- Knowledge of AP Style / Chicago Manual of Style or like language-based manual, as well as digital best practices.
- Strategic Creative (conceptual) background a plus.
- DM writing portfolio samples requested.
- Mac OS based hardware/software systems, particularly writing software including MS Office, etc.
- Basic understanding of remote connectivity to communicate from various locations.
- Writing & Page Layout Software: Adobe CS (Primarily InDesign), Archiving and Backup Procedures; familiarity with communication for digital/social/video applications, ability to learn agency Soft Proofing software.
Categories at a glance
Explore available opportunities by job type, click each to learn more.
Develop sales strategies to help solve our clients’ challenges and grow their business.
Concept and design compelling campaigns and products for leading retailers, publishers and brand marketers.
Develop plans to buy and schedule media to support clients' marketing objectives from print to digital media and broadcast.
Gain real-work experience through internships and trainee programs with strategic entry-level opportunities.
Make an impact in strategic administrative roles that include information technology (IT), accounting, legal and marketing.
Make quality print products in a highly automated and technologically advanced environment.
Be part of a team that drives our success.
Electrical & Mechanical
Be a problem solver and join a team that ensures our facilities, offices and equipment are running efficiently.
Manage client relationships and their projects from within a facility, creative studio or in the client’s on-site location.