Production ArtistApply Job ID 25628 Date posted May. 15, 2023 Location Clackamas, Oregon
Create and produce page layouts that promote the client’s brand and sales objectives
Work with brand standards and guidelines
Collaborate with account manager and copywriters
Work with pagination and product mix to develop page layouts and final page production
Produce four-color and black and white page versions
Prepare final files for print and digital production
Work efficiently through high volumes, meeting tight deadlines within established budgets
Attend new project turnovers and weekly production meetings as part of client’s creative team
Propose creative concept elements for potential and new projects
Create layout comps, rough and presentation materials as requested
Maintain accuracy in page building and error-free documents
Make corrections and modifications to Client proofs as requested
Prepare Client proofs for approval
Learn job tracking system and assist in managing projects
Demonstrate the ability to perform well and remain organized under tight deadlines
Assist in project and/or client customer needs
Act as liaison between Client and prepress
Assist in finding efficiencies for the department
Stay current on graphic trends through continued education, trade shows, seminars, special courses, etc.
Bachelor’s degree in Graphic Design or related field
Experience Mac Operator
Appropriate education and/or experience may be substituted on an equivalent basis
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Knowledge of creating and working with templates and style sheets; including page formatting of copy, placing photos and artwork; producing multiple versions
- Proficiency in all Mac-based, industry-standard software programs including, but not limited to: Adobe Creative Cloud - InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator, Microsoft Office and Acrobat
- Knowledge of the Windows platform
- Experience with data-driven page production
- Knowledge of all steps required for the print process and an understanding of production methods to ensure designs can be produced for print delivery
- Network, Internet, Email communication systems
- General understanding and knowledge of e-marketing vehicles and specifications.
- General advertising, marketing and media terminology and processes
- Ability to speak, read and write in the English language
Categories at a glance
Explore available opportunities by job type, click each to learn more.
Develop sales strategies to help solve our clients’ challenges and grow their business.
Concept and design compelling campaigns and products for leading retailers, publishers and brand marketers.
Develop plans to buy and schedule media to support clients' marketing objectives from print to digital media and broadcast.
Manage client relationships and their projects from within a facility, creative studio or in the client’s on-site location.
Make an impact in strategic administrative roles that include information technology (IT), accounting, legal and marketing.
Make quality print products in a highly automated and technologically advanced environment.
Drivers & Logistics
Create customized distribution solutions to move freight on-time, every time, delivering on customers' needs.
Electrical & Mechanical
Be a problem solver and join a team that ensures our facilities, offices and equipment are running efficiently.
Gain real-work experience through internships and trainee programs with strategic entry-level opportunities.
The importance of caring for one another, runs deep. It is at the heart of our healthcare and wellness programs, our retirement plans, all of our benefits. It's how we build rich, balanced lives for ourselves and our families, at work and at home.
From the very beginning, Quad has been defined by the people who work here. Our values, our skills, our creativity – it has all grown from those very first days in business, passed from worker to worker, built on the relationships – the trust – between us. All the presses, computers and technology; all the buildings; all the resources; none of it matters without the people who make Quad work.