Physical Therapist-Etna, OH - Part TimeApply Job ID 16447 Date posted Jan. 16, 2020 Location Columbus, Ohio Full Time / Part Time Part time (PT)
Opportunity to work autonomously, but in a collaborative environment.PT care model is one-on-one, patient-centered, PT only.Caseload is primarily orthopedic, with a wide range of conditions, including post-op., prevention screening to chronic pain, for patients 7 to 60+.Specialty certifications are encouraged and supported.
- Evaluates and treats patients.
- Appropriately interfaces with patient's MD regarding care and progress, refers to appropriate provider as required by law in cases of direct access.
- Establishes a plan of care and implements individualized treatment based on evaluation results and functional goals. Adjusts the treatment plan based on the patient’s response to treatment and provides updates to other providers involved in the patient’s care.
- Counsels and educates patients with respect to injury, illnesses, treatments, procedures and wellness issues.
- Plans for and completes patient discharge planning including home program design, patient/family teaching, referral to other provider, and ordering equipment.
- Completes all required documentation following department policy and minimum standards.
- Completes accurate and compliant billing in a timely manner using Physical Therapy CPT codes, including billing to third parties such as private health insurance companies and CMS. Ensures billing and documentation will maximize reimbursement.
- Maintains cleanliness and orderly working environment, including cleaning up after patient treatment, putting away equipment.
- Keeps current certification and license requirements, including CPR, AED and continuing education for license renewal.
- Follows clinic and department policies and procedures as appropriate, including safety and confidentiality standards.
- Prepares necessary requisitions for ordering and maintaining rehab supplies and equipment.
- Oversee students and interns.
- Prepares required monthly and annual reports.
- Participates in the training and skills development of new personnel when appropriate.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required
- Minimum Bachelors Degree in Physical Therapy from an accredited university or college; Doctorate in Physical Therapy preferred
- Minimum one year of experience in an outpatient orthopedic clinic setting; 3-5 years of experience in same setting preferred
- Current State licensure
- Intermediate computer skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Evidence of organizational skills, appropriate decision-making, and problem solving skills
Categories at a glance
Explore available opportunities by job type, click each to learn more.
Focus on quality care, not quotas — the way medicine should be.
Provide wellness and preventive care to keep patients and their families healthy.
Restore patients to good health in one-on-one sessions with extended evaluation time.
Ignite your passion for helping people at employer-sponsored onsite health and wellness centers.
Work with our team to transform the delivery of health care.