Production ArtistApply Job ID 12982 Date posted Mar. 29, 2019 Location Commerce, California Full Time / Part Time Full time (FT)
Quad has an exciting opportunity for a Production Artist to work on-site with one of our clients in Commerce, CA. A successful candidate will use their experience in desktop layout design to exceed client expectations and interpret client directions to create layouts and requested corrections within our fast paced environment. The purpose of this position is to assemble and process high-resolution layouts to provide our customers with superior quality press ready files. Qualified candidates will need to have excellent written and verbal communication skills, be able to thrive in a team environment and work independently with minimal supervision. Attention to detail and exceptional communication skills is a must. Previous file management and customer service experience preferred.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Enter new items in ad pages, including copy and images. Use sources provided to add images to pages as necessary.
- Revise ads as required through the proofing process, checking for missing elements, re-arranging copy blocks and other ad elements as needed.
- Advise Manager/Director on copy legibility and discrepancy issue in ad plans.
- Understand the printing process to ensure that pages are built correctly for printing.
- Following established proofing procedures on all jobs proofing with associates as required, initial proof approval form as required.
- Follow established check-off procedures; drop completed files to prepress Out-Put Coordinators.
- Provide additional creative client support on special projects as needed.
- Work efficiently through high volumes, meeting tight deadlines within established budgets
- 2-year degree in Design or related field
- Minimum of 2 years of experience designing and producing marketing support materials
- Knowledge of creating and working with templates and style sheets; including page formatting of copy, placing photos and artwork; producing multiple versions
- Proficiency in all Mac-based, industry-standard software programs including, but not limited to, InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator
We offer excellent benefits to eligible employees, including 401(k), holidays, vacations and more.
Quad/Graphics is an equal employment opportunity employer. The Company’s policy is not to unlawfully discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, age, military or veteran status, disability, genetic information or any other consideration made unlawful by applicable federal, state, or local laws. The Company also prohibits harassment of applicants and employees based on any of these protected categories.
Drug Free Workplace
Categories at a glance
Explore available opportunities by job type, click each to learn more.
Develop sales strategies to help solve our clients’ challenges and grow their business.
Concept and design compelling campaigns and products for leading retailers, publishers and brand marketers.
Develop plans to buy and schedule media to support clients' marketing objectives from print to digital media and broadcast.
Gain real-work experience through internships and trainee programs with strategic entry-level opportunities.
Make an impact in strategic administrative roles that include information technology (IT), accounting, legal and marketing.
Make quality print products in a highly automated and technologically advanced environment.
Be part of a team that drives our success.
Electrical & Mechanical
Be a problem solver and join a team that ensures our facilities, offices and equipment are running efficiently.
Manage client relationships and their projects from within a facility, creative studio or in the client’s on-site location.