Lead PhotographerApply Job ID 18189 Date posted Nov. 24, 2020 Location Coraopolis, Pennsylvania Full Time / Part Time Full time (FT)
Quad is seeking an experienced Lead Photographer with extensive e-comm experience at our Coraopolis, PA photo studio to aid in the creation of exclusive content for one of our largest retail clients.
- Interpret and execute in-studio / on-location photography needs for our client utilizing techniques representing current fashion photography and industry trends, and a personal perspective
- Proven expertise in a high-volume, high-paced, e-comm-focused studio environment
- Exhibit a vast photography skill set that provides the ability to deliver results, exercise judgement, and critically, yet objectively evaluate imagery
- Determine and orchestrate necessary lighting requirements, set ups, and adjustments according to shoot specifications
- Understand art direction via swipe, sketches, diagrams, etc. and translate into required end result
- Collaborate with key cross-functional partners to align on creative vision, and ensure brand consistency is clearly communicated to the customer
- Management of and engagement in entire photography workflow including, but not limited to; on-model and still shoot taskwork, sample organization, various forms of set-building / tear down, and necessary clean up
- Make recommendations around procedure, process, and technique adjustments
- Handle complexities throughout the merging of equipment and technologies
- Ensure deadlines are met without delay by way of a solution-oriented, efficiency-focused mindset
- Responsible for the management, guidance, and mentorship of direct reports
- Utilize clear communication skills to participate in style out, pre-production, or post-mortem meetings; voicing questions and insights as appropriate
- Foster effective working relationships with the client, leadership, and internal team members
- Build relationships with and support in the selection of related freelance roles
- Exude a sense of innovation through research / sharing of applicable industry trends, and showcase inspiration / aspiration via concept boards
- Study our client’s brand and customer; spending time in-store as needed
- Minimum of 10+ years of photography management experience within a corporate environment
- Required to provide a portfolio
- Degree in Photography, Design, Visual / Fine Arts, or equivalent / related studies
- Proven expertise in a high-volume, high-paced studio environment
- Familiarity with on-set, on-location, and general studio operational workflows
- Exhibit rigorous knowledge of on-model and still photography principles, equipment needs, and lighting techniques; producing an end result used across various forms of media
- Possess a passion for fashion as related to the sporting industry; presenting continual attention to photography trends across the competitive landscape
- Flexible in responding to shifting business priorities, and works effectively against tight deadlines
- Stellar communication, strong organizational, and time management skills
- Proficiency with the Apple computer platform and software
- Highly experienced with the Cannon camera platform, CaptureOne, Adobe Photoshop, and MS Office
- ShotFlow experience is a plus
Additional Company Information
We offer excellent benefits to eligible employees, including 401(k), holidays, vacations and more.
Quad is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and values diversity. We are committed to creating a place of belonging — a space where employees do not need to sacrifice who they are to exist and grow in our workplace. Quad does not discriminate on any unlawful basis including race, religion, color, national origin, disability, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Quad also prohibits harassment of applicants and employees based on any of these protected categories.
Drug Free Workplace
Categories at a glance
Explore available opportunities by job type, click each to learn more.
Develop sales strategies to help solve our clients’ challenges and grow their business.
Concept and design compelling campaigns and products for leading retailers, publishers and brand marketers.
Develop plans to buy and schedule media to support clients' marketing objectives from print to digital media and broadcast.
Gain real-work experience through internships and trainee programs with strategic entry-level opportunities.
Make an impact in strategic administrative roles that include information technology (IT), accounting, legal and marketing.
Make quality print products in a highly automated and technologically advanced environment.
Be part of a team that drives our success.
Electrical & Mechanical
Be a problem solver and join a team that ensures our facilities, offices and equipment are running efficiently.
Manage client relationships and their projects from within a facility, creative studio or in the client’s on-site location.