Graphic DesignerApply Job ID 16915 Date posted Feb. 27, 2020 Location Denver, Colorado Full Time / Part Time Full time (FT)
Quad has an exciting opportunity for a Graphic Designer to work on-site with one of our clients in Denver, CO. The Graphic Designer is responsible for understanding/interpreting creative direction for building layouts at the concept stage through final file distribution. The ideal candidates will have a strong background in digital design and knowledge of the print production process.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Under the direction of Supervisor and/or Sr. Designers, create & produce page layouts that promote the client's brand and sales objectives
- Collaborate with Account Manager and Sr. Designers to ensure a complete understanding of the client branding guidelines
- Work with pagination & product mix to develop page layouts & final page production based on established guidelines
- Work efficiently & accurately through high volumes of work, meeting deadlines in a very time-sensitive environment
- Review all job instructions, both written and verbal, & ask any questions necessary to successfully complete the project
- Assist Sr. Designers and Layout/Production staff as needed
- Utilize resources to problem solve challenges on project
- Prepare technically sound files for prepress/printer
- Bachelor’s degree in Design or related field Knowledge of standard printing procedures, production workflow and preflight practices
- Minimum of 2 years of experience designing and producing marketing support materials
- Knowledge of all steps required for the print process
- A strong eye for design and page composition and layout
- Proficiency in all industry standard software programs including but not limited to Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, Adobe InDesign, and Acrobat in a Mac environment
- Knowledge of the Windows platform
- Ability to quickly adapt to new software tools and changes in project direction
- Ability to complete work accurately in time-sensitive environment
- Some preflight experience a plus
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Portfolio samples required
Categories at a glance
Explore available opportunities by job type, click each to learn more.
Develop sales strategies to help solve our clients’ challenges and grow their business.
Concept and design compelling campaigns and products for leading retailers, publishers and brand marketers.
Develop plans to buy and schedule media to support clients' marketing objectives from print to digital media and broadcast.
Gain real-work experience through internships and trainee programs with strategic entry-level opportunities.
Make an impact in strategic administrative roles that include information technology (IT), accounting, legal and marketing.
Make quality print products in a highly automated and technologically advanced environment.
Be part of a team that drives our success.
Electrical & Mechanical
Be a problem solver and join a team that ensures our facilities, offices and equipment are running efficiently.
Manage client relationships and their projects from within a facility, creative studio or in the client’s on-site location.