Central Store AttendantApply Job ID 19248 Date posted Apr. 14, 2021 Location East Longmeadow, Massachusetts Full Time / Part Time Full time (FT)
GENERAL PURPOSE OF JOB
The Central Store Attendant is responsible for locating, retrieving and documenting parts usage for internal customers.
In order of importance
- Accurately verify counts for stock replenishment.
- Process Returns to Supplier and Central Stores.
- Process Transfers, Properly Identify, Package and Ship to the correct Address.
- Receives and unpacks incoming orders, checking against items listed on requisitions, packing slips and/or Invoices. Ensuring that all product is received within 24hrs of delivery and rotated in proper order.
- Label project items and barcode stock items using labeling equipment.
- Issue or distribute materials, products, parts, and supplies to customers, based on information from incoming requisitions.
- Process repairs, source suppliers and weigh cost analysis.
- Assist Customers with Project Requests, expedite as necessary.
- Train Customers how to scan and order items.
- Successfully complete all required safety, environmental and Central Stores training.
- Quote items with our contracted suppliers and successfully catalog.
- Store items in an orderly and accessible manner in storerooms, warehouses, tool rooms, or other areas.
Responsible for storeroom location(s) for which they are assigned accountability.
Experience: Some knowledge of commodities and parts room is helpful. Previous parts counter experience preferred, not required. Entry Level.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations: Valid Driver’s License and Forklift Certification preferred but not required.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities: The ideal candidate must possess good communication, phone etiquette, administrative and interpersonal skills, be detail oriented and proficient using e-mail/Outlook, Windows, Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Lync).
Manual Dexterity: Work requires definite skilled and accurate physical operations requiring some closely coordinated performance.
Physical Effort: Work requires handling materials with some special exertion. Some reaching, ladder stepping and stacking required
Working Conditions: Ordinary office, shop, or warehouse working conditions. Some dusty enviroments and/or tempature fluctuations. Also conditions may require hearing protection and safety glasses.
Hazards: Some hazardous material handling training will be required
Central Store Attendants must maintain an updated copy of the Central Stores Training Plan and have completed the required introduction section in order to gain Central Stores system privileges. As they are trained in their specific job functions they will be required to read and date when they understand the specific training materials to their job functions. All procedures and SOP’s will require compliance.
Performance will be measured by:
- Generates accurate reports
- Receives a customer service score of Acceptable or above
- Influences profitability and suggests services to leaders to improve efficiencies and cost savings
- Responds to internal client issues within 24 hours
Additional Company Information
We offer excellent benefits to eligible employees, including 401(k), holidays, vacations and more.
Quad is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and values diversity. We are committed to creating a place of belonging — a space where employees do not need to sacrifice who they are to exist and grow in our workplace. Quad does not discriminate on any unlawful basis including race, religion, color, national origin, disability, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Quad also prohibits harassment of applicants and employees based on any of these protected categories.
Drug Free Workplace
Categories at a glance
Explore available opportunities by job type, click each to learn more.
Develop sales strategies to help solve our clients’ challenges and grow their business.
Concept and design compelling campaigns and products for leading retailers, publishers and brand marketers.
Develop plans to buy and schedule media to support clients' marketing objectives from print to digital media and broadcast.
Gain real-work experience through internships and trainee programs with strategic entry-level opportunities.
Make an impact in strategic administrative roles that include information technology (IT), accounting, legal and marketing.
Make quality print products in a highly automated and technologically advanced environment.
Be part of a team that drives our success.
Electrical & Mechanical
Be a problem solver and join a team that ensures our facilities, offices and equipment are running efficiently.
Manage client relationships and their projects from within a facility, creative studio or in the client’s on-site location.