Press Assistant IApply Job ID 17318 Date posted Jun. 24, 2020 Location East Longmeadow, Massachusetts Full Time / Part Time Full time (FT)
The Roll Tender ensures rolls of paper have been properly prepared and hung to maintain continuous press operation. They will also complete records accurately, ensuring that ink and etch fountains and ink barrels are maintained and assisting press crew with make-ready tasks.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for preparing rolls of paper for press – weighing, hanging, running, recordkeeping, etc.
- Perform assigned make-ready duties, including retrieving runs and preparing forms for upcoming jobs.
- Ensure ink and etch supplies are properly prepared for press runs.
- Complete required general maintenance and lubrication assignments.
- Complete required documentation for assigned job.
- Follow all safety and company policies and regulations
- Work cooperatively and safely with other members of crew to maximize production.
- Maintains a safe work environment by complying with company safety policies and procedures.
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as apparent and/or assigned.
- One to six months related experience and/or training.
Ability to receive and follow written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations/responses.
- Ability to stand and walk on a varying basis throughout a work schedule. Ability to occasionally bend/stoop, reach above shoulder level and push/pull; occasionally squats, occasionally climbs to a height of 25 feet, occasionally crouches, kneels, and balances. Frequently carries and/or lifts up to 34 pounds and occasionally carries and/or lifts up to 70 pounds. Requires ability to have repetitive use of hands through simple and firm grasping and keyboarding. Minimal exposure to working on unprotected heights, exposure to moving machinery, dust, fumes and gases and moving mechanical parts. Specific vision abilities require close vision, distance/peripheral vision, color vision, and ability to adjust focus. Exposure to loud noise levels.
- Detail-oriented with good organizational and time management skills, and ability to prioritize tasks.
- Work schedule consists of 12-hour shifts, shifts include days, nights, weekends, and holidays.
- Ability to troubleshoot machine problems.
- Ability to work alone as well as with a crew/team.
Categories at a glance
Explore available opportunities by job type, click each to learn more.
Develop sales strategies to help solve our clients’ challenges and grow their business.
Concept and design compelling campaigns and products for leading retailers, publishers and brand marketers.
Develop plans to buy and schedule media to support clients' marketing objectives from print to digital media and broadcast.
Gain real-work experience through internships and trainee programs with strategic entry-level opportunities.
Make an impact in strategic administrative roles that include information technology (IT), accounting, legal and marketing.
Make quality print products in a highly automated and technologically advanced environment.
Be part of a team that drives our success.
Electrical & Mechanical
Be a problem solver and join a team that ensures our facilities, offices and equipment are running efficiently.
Manage client relationships and their projects from within a facility, creative studio or in the client’s on-site location.