Second Press Operator
- East Longmeadow, Massachusetts
More than just another employer, we pride ourselves on being a company with a soul. Quad’s culture is built on a rich legacy of passionate, innovative people always striving to find a better way. As a global marketing services provider, Quad leverages worldwide capabilities and leading-edge technology to help brand owners market and distribute their products more efficiently and effectively - transforming the industry with the combined power of digital and print.
Fueled by innovative, interesting days, careers at Quad instill a sense of empowerment and possibility as you gain the skills and confidence to advance as our platform evolves. Join the Quad team today and develop your career – work side-by-side with skilled professionals, operate multi-million dollar pieces of equipment, and experience first-hand the values that have guided us from day one. Work hard, move fast, contribute new ideas and proudly wear Quad Blue!
- Full Time and part time positions
- 8 or 12hour shifts
- Level: Entry to Skilled
- Paid Vacation
What makes a successful Machine Operator at Quad?
Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Goal-oriented 7
- Motivational 5
- Team Player 6
- Innovative 5
- Results Driven 8
- Confident 7
- Problem solver
Everado - Press Operator
“Running a machine is all I wanted to do when I started. I am thankful that I was able to learn a new career and have new opportunities at Quad.”
Learn More About Us
Join Our Ranks – Advancement, Culture and Innovation
Meet Rondell – CareerPath to Success with Quad
Innovate – Quad’s Corporate Values
Employees at Quad thrive at the intersection of thinking, making and marketing. As we continue to take the bold steps necessary to transform our offering, our goal is to provide our clients with the most powerful integrated marketing platform. We’re all partners in our company, committed to do the right thing, trusting the process, innovating for the future, growing the business, believing in each other, and having a little fun along the way.
Quad is seeking a Offset Second Press Operator. The incumbent plays an essential role in helping Quad reduce the cost of errors; achieve client satisfaction and create a safe and hazard free workplace. The Offset Second Press Operator assists the Offset First Press Operator with make-readies, press equipment operations, performing quality control functions and enforcing the safety rules. This position is a leadership role and will assist in directing the work the work activities of the press crew members to ensure productivity, quality and safety goals are met. Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- To understand and follow all standard operating and safety procedures
- Responsible for color or register with demonstrated proficiency
- Inspects printed sheets visually after registration or position printing and readjusts guides and controls to rectify spacing errors, irregular ink distribution, faulty cuts of folds
- Safely assists in unlocking plates and replacing with makeover plates according to directions marked on plate regarding location and time of printing
- May re-thread paper through press if web breaks and readjusts tension rollers
- Provides direction, training and guidance to junior crew members
- Follows all company safety regulations and encourages safe work habits from other crew members
- Maintain a clean and orderly work area
- Performs other duties as assigned
- This position requires the ability to work a 12 hour shift (8:00am to 8:00pm or 8:00pm to 8:00am) including days, nights, weekends, holidays and overtime as necessary
- Candidates must have prior Press experience.
- Proficient in reading, writing, speaking and general knowledge of English to understand written directions.
- Perform basic math functions as related to press operations.
- Ability to troubleshoot and solve print related problems such as pressure, settings, tension, irregular ink distributions and web-breaks
- Enhanced listening skills and ability to follow directions from the Supervisor and Operator
- Performs and ensure all tasks on and around press equipment are done following established safety procedures
- Contributor of suggestions for improvement to crew members and Supervisor.
- Exhibit good interpersonal skills in issuing work instructions to crew members.
- Ability to demonstrate and share personal job knowledge with less experienced crew members
- Ability to work overtime as required based upon production demands
We offer excellent benefits to eligible employees, including 401(k), holidays, vacations and more.
Quad/Graphics is an equal employment opportunity employer. The company’s policy is not to unlawfully discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, age, military or veteran status, disability, genetic information or any other consideration made unlawful by applicable federal, state, or local laws. The company also prohibits harassment of applicants and employees based on any of these protected categories.