3rd Shift Distribution Crew/Floor Lead - Up to $26/hr.Apply Job ID 18841 Date posted Feb. 17, 2021 Location Effingham, Illinois Full Time / Part Time Full time (FT)
Quad is currently hiring Essential Workers who want to make a difference - Imagine more than you have today. Your career starts here. Be greater than you thought possible and reap the rewards of your success and growth. We are in the business of developing people. Promotions are based on your performance – You are in charge of your career!
At Quad entry-level wages for full-time start between $16 - $18/hr. You have immediate opportunities to advance – driving you to be better than yesterday. In addition, we value and reward manufacturing experience by providing a competitive wage. Individuals with print experience can have a starting wage up to $26/hr. As your career progresses, there are multiple upward paths available, as we are continuously looking for our next group of leaders to excel within the organization.
Effingham is a one-stop, full-service specialty operation capable of printing commercial and direct mail products with full personalization capabilities and in-house mail services. In addition, Effingham has total scheduling flexibility due to its large capacity, interchangeable presses. Our employees and their families have access to an onsite medical clinic,. We offer competitive pay, health, dental, pharmacy and life insurance, 401k, vacation, and other great benefits, including a compressed work schedule where you work half of the year!
Quad is a Wisconsin-based company, which is among the largest magazine and direct-mail printers in the U.S. Our company leverages its strong print foundation as part of a much larger, robust integrated marketing services platform that helps marketers and content creators improve the efficiency and effectiveness of their marketing spend across offline and online media channels.
Quad is closely following the 2019 Novel Coronavirus Disease (COVID-19), and implementing processes that promote the safety of our employees, candidates, customers and communities. We follow CDC and local health authorities, federal and state governments along with best practices and recommendations from our healthcare subsidiary, QuadMed.
BE YOUR OWN SUCCESS STORY. BE SOMETHING GREATER. BE QUAD.
Quad in Effingham is seeking a Crew/Floor Lead for 3rd shift. The Crew/Floor Leader is an essential part of the Distribution Process. S/he is responsible for meeting delivery requirements and coordinating the work crew. Ideally has previous experience in distribution areas.
Starting Wage up to $26/hr. depending on experience
A shift differential of $0.75 is offered for 3rd Shift.
- Coordinate Workflow. Held responsible for communicating with both internal and external customers, gathering necessary documentation, creating and maintaining schedules, locating and combining product, as well as maintaining and assigning labor.
- Innovate the Work Process. Improve and innovate the work process by controlling supply and labor costs, understanding customer requirements and deadlines. Testing mechanical and information technology, teaching and mentoring employees and refining processes
- Assist Technicians. Help teach and assist with any job responsibility needed to keep production flowing. Including stepping in to assist technicians if circumstances warrant it. As well as encouraging communication and establishing career goals for Technicians and self.
- 6S Compliant. Maintains highest quality product through employment of standard operating procedures in all job responsibilities, performs daily maintenance and general housekeeping.
- Development and Education. Has taken or enrolled in required classes for current position, has begun classes for next position, and is working to develop skills for next position. Strives for and seeks out opportunities for personal development.
- Safety. Responsible for the knowing and following all safety regulations and policies and reporting any issues of concern to a manager.
- Ability to work 12-hour shifts (night shift is available)
- Ability to lift 10-15 pounds continuously, lift up to 70 pounds occasionally, stand long hours, use hands and wrists continuously in controlled movement
- Receive and follow instructions
- Use vision to identify defects of product
- Good verbal and written comprehension, the ability to thrive in a team environment, and work independently with minimal supervision
- Preferred Qualifications:
- Previous experience in a lead position is preferred
- Manufacturing experience (such as laborer, machinist, assembly, down piling, or bindery) and the ability to perform basic math calculations.
Additional Company Information
We offer excellent benefits to eligible employees, including 401(k), holidays, vacations and more.
Quad is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and values diversity. We are committed to creating a place of belonging — a space where employees do not need to sacrifice who they are to exist and grow in our workplace. Quad does not discriminate on any unlawful basis including race, religion, color, national origin, disability, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Quad also prohibits harassment of applicants and employees based on any of these protected categories.
Drug Free Workplace
Categories at a glance
Explore available opportunities by job type, click each to learn more.
Develop sales strategies to help solve our clients’ challenges and grow their business.
Concept and design compelling campaigns and products for leading retailers, publishers and brand marketers.
Develop plans to buy and schedule media to support clients' marketing objectives from print to digital media and broadcast.
Gain real-work experience through internships and trainee programs with strategic entry-level opportunities.
Make an impact in strategic administrative roles that include information technology (IT), accounting, legal and marketing.
Make quality print products in a highly automated and technologically advanced environment.
Be part of a team that drives our success.
Electrical & Mechanical
Be a problem solver and join a team that ensures our facilities, offices and equipment are running efficiently.
Manage client relationships and their projects from within a facility, creative studio or in the client’s on-site location.