Driver - Local CDL Class A / Distribution TechnicianApply Job ID 25221 Date posted Jan. 23, 2023 Location Effingham, Illinois
The CDL Driver is responsible for timely movement of product between Quad Effingham, IL facilities and general maintenance of the truck. The duties include but not limited to:
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Truck and trailer inspection performed at first of shift daily with proper paperwork filled out and general maintenance performed i.e., oil added, coolant, windows cleaned, air pressure checked in tires, brakes, signal lights, etc.
- Driver Manifest to be kept current and accurate and turned in daily.
- Damage property reports filled out by driver when damage occurs to trailer or tractor.
- Move material from building to building, filling out proper paperwork for recipient’s signature and shipper’s copy.
- Must run local mail to Post Office.
- Load and unload (when necessary) your truck.
- Must be able to drive a clamp truck and have basic understanding of roll paper.
- Must do data entry on Smartools for shipping documents.
- Work in all phases of warehouse as needed.
- Work overtime as required.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. An IDOT physical is required and drug screening. Employee will be subject to random drug screening through company selected physician.
- CDL Class A Driver License
- High School diploma or GED.
- Experience in receiving and shipping functions.
- Must be able to operate computer and have general knowledge of Smartools.
- Must have forklift experience.
- Must communicate clearly with all departments of the plant.
- Able to perform rudimentary math.
- Periodic lifting of 50 lbs. or more. Extensive walking through the plant.
- Experience medium noise levels.
Categories at a glance
Explore available opportunities by job type, click each to learn more.
Develop sales strategies to help solve our clients’ challenges and grow their business.
Concept and design compelling campaigns and products for leading retailers, publishers and brand marketers.
Develop plans to buy and schedule media to support clients' marketing objectives from print to digital media and broadcast.
Manage client relationships and their projects from within a facility, creative studio or in the client’s on-site location.
Make an impact in strategic administrative roles that include information technology (IT), accounting, legal and marketing.
Make quality print products in a highly automated and technologically advanced environment.
Drivers & Logistics
Create customized distribution solutions to move freight on-time, every time, delivering on customers' needs.
Electrical & Mechanical
Be a problem solver and join a team that ensures our facilities, offices and equipment are running efficiently.
Gain real-work experience through internships and trainee programs with strategic entry-level opportunities.