Industrial ElectricianApply Job ID 26087 Date posted Sep. 12, 2023 Location Effingham, Illinois
Quad is seeking an Industrial Electrician to work in our Effingham facilities. An Electrician is expected to perform the duties listed below with minimal assistance, a professional attitude, a collaborative mindset, and interpersonal skills which are critical to driving productivity in an Industrial work environment. The ideal candidate will be knowledgeable in the areas of electrical construction, electrical maintenance, and local work processes, and be able to follow electrical safety procedures. The position is a 12-hour shift, 7 to 7 on a rotational 3-4 day work week.
- Proven ability to interpret and understand electrical schematics and diagrams along with generally accepted electrical terminology.
- Ability to use Microsoft Office Suite: Excel, Word, Outlook
- Working knowledge of basic electrical troubleshooting tools such as Volt/Amp Meter, Megger, etc.
- Display an ability to successfully troubleshoot production-related deficiencies and identify potential opportunities to prevent similar conditions through scheduled maintenance tasks or enhancements.
- Mentor apprentices in all competencies required for an industrial Electrician.
- Understand the production process and factors that can affect production yields and quality.
- Maintain shop equipment and perform routine audits for safety and 6S
- Electrical Construction – Panel building, installation of conduit and wiring for power distribution and lighting, installation of conduit and wiring for machine controls.
- Display ability and knowledge to troubleshoot and repair power distribution up to 480V
- Complete reoccurring safety training including LOTO, NFPA 70E, scissors and boom lift, fork truck, fire extinguisher, etc.
- Demonstrate a proactive approach to creating and maintaining a safe and clean working environment at all times.
- Support and promote corporate and departmental safety goals and initiatives at all times.
- Electrically troubleshoot & repair Industrial machinery and production equipment such as motors and transformers, electronic controls, motor controls, drives, burners, PLC logic systems, material handling equipment, etc. in both Production equipment as well as central building systems.
- Understand principles behind initiatives such as Continuous Improvement and Energy Management
- Possess good oral, reading, and writing skills for effective communication
- Ability to work in both a team environment as well as alone
- Must have a collaborative attitude and open mind to others' input and ideas.
- Must furnish own basic set of hand tools
- Must know how to properly operate and maintain power tools to keep them in safe working order at all times
- Have a strong history of safe work practices and training
- Ability to lift and transport up to 50 pounds on a regular basis and up to 75 pounds on an occasional basis
- Physical endurance and mobility for prolonged standing, walking, frequent bending, stooping, and reaching
- Ability to work from ladders, lifts, or elevated platforms – indoors and outdoors – able to work in confined spaces,
- Ability to work a 12-hour shift and be available for overtime as required
Categories at a glance
Explore available opportunities by job type, click each to learn more.
Develop sales strategies to help solve our clients’ challenges and grow their business.
Concept and design compelling campaigns and products for leading retailers, publishers and brand marketers.
Develop plans to buy and schedule media to support clients' marketing objectives from print to digital media and broadcast.
Manage client relationships and their projects from within a facility, creative studio or in the client’s on-site location.
Make an impact in strategic administrative roles that include information technology (IT), accounting, legal and marketing.
Make quality print products in a highly automated and technologically advanced environment.
Drivers & Logistics
Create customized distribution solutions to move freight on-time, every time, delivering on customers' needs.
Electrical & Mechanical
Be a problem solver and join a team that ensures our facilities, offices and equipment are running efficiently.
Gain real-work experience through internships and trainee programs with strategic entry-level opportunities.