Industrial Maintenance MechanicApply Job ID 26088 Date posted Sep. 12, 2023 Location Effingham, Illinois
Quad is seeking an Industrial Maintenance Mechanic to work in our Effingham facilities. The Maintenance Mechanic Mechanic troubleshoots, repairs, and maintains mechanical and hydraulic components of production and building equipment using hand tools, power tools, and precision measuring instruments. The Maintenance Mechanic plays an essential role in helping the plant provide high-quality products and efficient service to our customers by minimizing operational downtime. The position is a 12-hour shift, 7 to 7 on a rotational 3-4 day work week.
- The ideal candidate will be knowledgeable in the areas of machine installation, mechanical maintenance, local work processes, hydraulics and pneumatics, preventive maintenance, machine operation, metallurgy and follow company safety procedures.
- Mechanical aptitude, good communication skills, and the ability to work independently or in a team environment are essential in this role.
- Previous industrial work experience, solid mechanical background, and good math skills preferred.
- The ability to work independently and responsibly in a variety of Industrial environments, including at heights up to 50 feet is essential.
- Successfully and reliably perform all duties of a Maintenance Mechanic.
- As directed, skillfully conduct inspections, preventative, proactive, and repair-type maintenance activities on all production and building-related equipment, including bearings, belts and chains, coupling alignment, gearboxes, bench work; pumps, rebuilding and overhauling; conveyor maintenance, fans and blowers, robotics, electric motor replacement, and diagnostics.
- Utilize and maintain assembly and part drawings to determine part quality and conformity.
- Follow SOPs, and written procedures, to perform all types of proactive and preventative maintenance tasks, repairs, and rebuilds on all production and building-related equipment.
- Utilize equipment and component documentation to determine proper tensions, speeds, alignment tolerances, pressures, and flows.
- Must be proactive in creating and maintaining a safe and clean working environment at all times. Support and promote corporate and departmental safety goals and initiatives at all times.
- Ability to lift and transport up to 50 pounds regularly and up to 75 pounds on an occasional basis
- Physical endurance and mobility for prolonged standing, walking, frequent bending, stooping, and reaching
- Ability to work from ladders, lifts, or elevated platforms – indoors and outdoors – able to work in confined spaces,
- Ability to work a 12-hour shift and be available for overtime as required
Categories at a glance
Explore available opportunities by job type, click each to learn more.
Develop sales strategies to help solve our clients’ challenges and grow their business.
Concept and design compelling campaigns and products for leading retailers, publishers and brand marketers.
Develop plans to buy and schedule media to support clients' marketing objectives from print to digital media and broadcast.
Manage client relationships and their projects from within a facility, creative studio or in the client’s on-site location.
Make an impact in strategic administrative roles that include information technology (IT), accounting, legal and marketing.
Make quality print products in a highly automated and technologically advanced environment.
Drivers & Logistics
Create customized distribution solutions to move freight on-time, every time, delivering on customers' needs.
Electrical & Mechanical
Be a problem solver and join a team that ensures our facilities, offices and equipment are running efficiently.
Gain real-work experience through internships and trainee programs with strategic entry-level opportunities.