Maintenance Mechanic up to $26/hr.Apply Job ID 19198 Date posted Apr. 09, 2021 Location Effingham, Illinois Full Time / Part Time Full time (FT)
Quad is currently seeking a Maintenance Mechanic to join our Effingham, IL team! An ideal candidate will be knowledgeable in the areas of machine installation, mechanical maintenance, local work processes, hydraulics and pneumatics, preventive maintenance and machine operation.
You will work a 12 hour rotating shift (either 7 a.m. - 7 p.m. or 7 p.m. - 7 a.m.) including days, nights, weekends, and holidays working 3 or 4 days a week. These shifts rotate every 4 months from days to nighs or from night to days. Overtime always a possibility but not guaranteed.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Mechanical preventive maintenance procedures and repairs on all production related equipment, to include: bearings, belts and chains, coupling alignment, gear boxes, bench work;
- Rebuilding and overhauling conveyor maintenance, fans and blowers, electric motor replacement and diagnostics.
- Utilize and maintain assembly and part drawings to determine part quality and conformity.
- Candidates to have 2-4 years of experience in maintenance, preferably in an industrial setting.
- Basic math, computer and good communication skills are mandatory
- Must provide, at minimum, a basic set of mechanical hand tools and be able to safely operate and maintain power tools
- Candidate must be able to work compressed work week-- 12 hour rotating shifts, including days, nights, weekends and holidays (either 7 a.m. - 7 p.m. or 7 p.m. - 7 a.m.)
- Completion of a maintenance program at a vocational/technical school or a recognized apprenticeship program in general mechanical maintenance is a plus
Additional Company Information
We offer excellent benefits to eligible employees, including 401(k), holidays, vacations and more.
Quad is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and values diversity. We are committed to creating a place of belonging — a space where employees do not need to sacrifice who they are to exist and grow in our workplace. Quad does not discriminate on any unlawful basis including race, religion, color, national origin, disability, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Quad also prohibits harassment of applicants and employees based on any of these protected categories.
Drug Free Workplace
Categories at a glance
Explore available opportunities by job type, click each to learn more.
Develop sales strategies to help solve our clients’ challenges and grow their business.
Concept and design compelling campaigns and products for leading retailers, publishers and brand marketers.
Develop plans to buy and schedule media to support clients' marketing objectives from print to digital media and broadcast.
Gain real-work experience through internships and trainee programs with strategic entry-level opportunities.
Make an impact in strategic administrative roles that include information technology (IT), accounting, legal and marketing.
Make quality print products in a highly automated and technologically advanced environment.
Be part of a team that drives our success.
Electrical & Mechanical
Be a problem solver and join a team that ensures our facilities, offices and equipment are running efficiently.
Manage client relationships and their projects from within a facility, creative studio or in the client’s on-site location.