Phlebotomist - Part TimeApply Job ID 23177 Date posted Aug. 31, 2022 Location Effingham, Illinois Full Time / Part Time Part time (PT)
Creating a better way. It’s more than just the philosophy we were founded on. It’s our purpose. For our employees, it means more time with patients. Unrushed visits to build meaningful relationships. And most importantly, an opportunity to empower our patients to achieve their full potential – at work and in life. Determined to make a difference? Join our health care revolution and be a part of something better.
Quad Med is seeking a part-time Phlebotomist to help support our clinic in Effingham, IL. This role will perform front office, phlebotomy and ancillary duties in support of the clinical/technical laboratory function and perform simple, routine laboratory procedures as instructed, trained and directed. The individual performs venous and capillary punctures. The individual accurately identifies, prepares and tests samples in a timely manner.
Schedule 20 hours a week: Monday & Thursday 8:00am to 12:00pm and Tuesday, Wednesday & Friday 7:00am to 11:00am.
- Performs, in a timely manner, blood collection using established laboratory guidelines designed to acquire acceptable specimens used in diagnostic and therapeutic procedures to meet the needs of patients, as requested by the physician
- Follows standard operating procedures to perform basic diagnostic procedures to produce accurate results
- Operates basic laboratory equipment under the direction of a Clinical Laboratory Scientist, consistent with standard operating procedures
- Restocks, as required, the work area of needed supplies
- Must demonstrate, after receiving instruction and training, knowledge of the patient care requirements for all age groups as required by the laboratory standard operating procedures
- Maintains patient confidentiality and follows all HIPAA guidelines
- Utilizes time, material, and resources in an economical manner, prioritizing and arranging workload to provide for optimal patient care and efficiency
- Completes assigned workload within established time frames by adjusting organization of workload
- Maintains effective communication with the laboratory supervisor, other laboratory staff, patients, and other departments as necessary to assure identification of problems and provide problem resolution in support of QuadMed’s mission of patient care
- Answers the telephone in a prompt and courteous manner, identifying self and department
- Participates in departmental activities
- Keeps current with communications incorporating new information in a timely manner to use
- Responsible for maintaining appropriate volume of supplies utilizing lean methodologies
- Contacts nursing staff promptly for clarification of unclear or incomplete test requisitions/orders; requests new requisitions/orders in accordance with established laboratory policies
- Communicates all appropriate information to patients necessary for their understanding of the procedure before, during and after designated procedure in a courteous and professional manner
- Appropriate education and/or experience may be substituted on an equivalent basis
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Specialized training in a lab environment with at least one-year experience in a clinical setting preferred
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
- Phlebotomy Certification preferred
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Personable, friendly, team orientated
- Organized, accurate and detail oriented.
- Good interpersonal skills to effectively interact with patients and providers
- Proven ability to work successfully with diverse populations and demonstrated commitment to promote and enhance diversity and inclusion
- Manual Dexterity: Work requires accuracy and moderate speed
- Physical Effort: Work requires considerable variety of fairly steady active physical exertion with some and/or continuous standing or walking
- Working Conditions: May include exposure to conditions requiring the use of personal protective equipment
- Hazards: Exposure to hazards that may result in short-term work-related absences. Exposure to blood-borne pathogens and hazardous materials
Harry Quadracci was determined to do things differently, and to do them better. In 1991, the visionary print manufacturing CEO founded QuadMed out of the belief that there had to be a better way to provide his employees with access to affordable, high-quality health care. And what started as doing the right thing, ended up sparking a health care revolution. Now 30 years later, we partner with employers across the nation to provide value-driven health and wellness services in or near the workplace. With a focus on breaking down cost, access and quality barriers, we empower employees and their families to live healthier, happier lives.
Additional Company Information
We offer excellent benefits to eligible employees, including 401(k), holidays, vacations and more.
QuadMed and Quad is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and values diversity. We are committed to creating a place of belonging — a space where employees do not need to sacrifice who they are to exist and grow in our workplace. QuadMed and Quad does not discriminate on any unlawful basis including race, religion, color, national origin, disability, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by applicable federal, state, or local laws. QuadMed and Quad also prohibits harassment of applicants and employees based on any of these protected categories.
Drug Free Workplace
Categories at a glance
Explore available opportunities by job type, click each to learn more.
Practice health care with a focus on quality, not quotas. Forge relationships with patients and lead the rest of your care team to do the same.
Make an impact on patients by providing comprehensive care with a strong focus on prevention and improved population health management.
Practice a one-on-one model of caregiving that gets patients back to optimal function inconsistently fewer visits than the national average.
Patient relationships begin with our care team. We drive to make patients the focus of our care. And care team professionals are a very important part of that.
Positively affect the health of populations and see results. We have positions ranging from sales and marketing to IT, finance and operations.