Phlebotomist - Part TimeApply Job ID 25231 Date posted Jan. 24, 2023 Location Effingham, Illinois
Quad Med is seeking a Part-Time Phlebotomist to help support our Health Center in Effingham, IL. This role will perform front office, phlebotomy and ancillary duties in support of the clinical/technical laboratory function and perform simple, routine laboratory procedures as instructed, trained and directed. The individual performs venous and capillary punctures. The individual accurately identifies, prepares and tests samples in a timely manner.
Schedule 20 hours a week: Monday & Thursday 8:00am to 12:00pm and Tuesday, Wednesday & Friday 7:00am to 11:00am.
- Responsible for efficiently and accurately performing blood draws or sample collection on patients based on the tests ordered by the provider. Typical daily duties include the following:
- Prepares patients before drawing blood
- Identifys the patient and the correct test before collecting patient sample
- Explains blood draw procedures to patients and answering any questions about the process
- Follows all health and safety protocols and procedures to maintain sanitary work areas
- Gathers medical testing materials, including needles, sample vials, blood storage bags and test tubes
- Labels blood samples properly
- Accurately updats patient information in the organization’s database
- Helps nervous or frightened patients remain calm during blood draws
- Works with supervising Physicians and following their directions at all times
- Utilizes various laboratory and clinic information systems and software.
- Travels to another clinic with in the Quad clinics
- Communicates in a professional and courteous manner with patients, families, and other medical staff as necessary.
- Interacts professionally, as a subject matter expert with doctors, nurses and other healthcare providers when answering questions or providing any information.
- Maintains confidentiality of all patient, department, and organization information
- Performs CLIA waived tests once trained for those tests
- Take responsibility of completing training and competencies in a timely manner
- Other duties with in the lab such as stocking supplies, making sure the lab is ready for lab draw at any time, cleaning spaces as needed and other duties as assigned by the manager or the supervisor
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Specialized training in a lab environment with at least one-year experience in a clinical setting preferred
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
- Phlebotomy Certification preferred
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Good communication and interpersonal skills and proven ability to develop strong working relationships
- Ability to multi-task, maintain confidentiality and independently and creatively handle issues
- Proven ability to work successfully with diverse populations and demonstrated commitment to promote and enhance diversity and inclusion
- Strong troubleshooting skills
- Flexible approach and demonstrated dedication to customer-focused service
- Bilingual a plus, but not necessary
Categories at a glance
Explore available opportunities by job type, click each to learn more.
Practice health care with a focus on quality, not quotas. Forge relationships with patients and lead the rest of your care team to do the same.
Make an impact on patients by providing comprehensive care with a strong focus on prevention and improved population health management.
Practice a one-on-one model of caregiving that gets patients back to optimal function inconsistently fewer visits than the national average.
Patient relationships begin with our care team. We drive to make patients the focus of our care. And care team professionals are a very important part of that.
Positively affect the health of populations and see results. We have positions ranging from sales and marketing to IT, finance and operations.