Quality Assurance & Parcel Service RepresentativeApply Job ID 15203 Date posted Sep. 09, 2019 Location Effingham, Illinois Full Time / Part Time Full time (FT)
The Quality Assurance & Parcel Service Representative is responsible for accurately fulfilling customer orders through packing of product, receiving of shipments and processing shipments of completed product to the appropriate location. Additional responsibilities include partnering with the manufacturing departments to support and document quality practices of client publications while providing hands-on support in evaluating product to ensure quality expectations are met.
The schedule for this position will be 12 hour, rotating shifts.
- Accurately select, pack, seal, label, and affix postage for customer product according to works instructions accomplished by utilizing operating systems
- Monitor and maintain inventory (product & supplies) and inform appropriate internal contacts when product is low
- Collaborate with internal departments to ensure appropriate packaging and labeling requirements are met
- Measure and communicate product quality to business and internal production partners
- Process outgoing shipments; including but not limited to, facilitating the return process with Customer Service, preparing shipping documents, recording required shipping information, tracking discrepancies
- Actively participate and follow all Safety regulations, policies and initiatives. Including performing daily maintenance inspections and reporting any issues of concern to appropriate leader
- Work independently to identify and resolve problems with minimal assistance
- Complete work according to priorities and within a timely manner
- Maintain a clean and organized work area and plant floor
- Certified to drive a forklift and operate other Powered Equipment
- Ability to follow verbal and written instructions
- Work effectively with co-workers and all other internal/external contacts
- Understand and use basic math skills, read a ruler and understand measurements in both fractions and decimals
- Proficient understanding of basic computer skills, including Microsoft Outlook and Excel
- Ability to use a pallet jack or mechanical pallet jack
- The ability to use scissors and tape gun
- Demonstrated ability to establish and achieve strategic goals
We offer excellent benefits to eligible employees, including 401(k), holidays, vacations and more.
Quad/Graphics is an equal employment opportunity employer. The Company’s policy is not to unlawfully discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, age, military or veteran status, disability, genetic information or any other consideration made unlawful by applicable federal, state, or local laws. The Company also prohibits harassment of applicants and employees based on any of these protected categories.
Drug Free Workplace
Categories at a glance
Explore available opportunities by job type, click each to learn more.
Develop sales strategies to help solve our clients’ challenges and grow their business.
Concept and design compelling campaigns and products for leading retailers, publishers and brand marketers.
Develop plans to buy and schedule media to support clients' marketing objectives from print to digital media and broadcast.
Gain real-work experience through internships and trainee programs with strategic entry-level opportunities.
Make an impact in strategic administrative roles that include information technology (IT), accounting, legal and marketing.
Make quality print products in a highly automated and technologically advanced environment.
Be part of a team that drives our success.
Electrical & Mechanical
Be a problem solver and join a team that ensures our facilities, offices and equipment are running efficiently.
Manage client relationships and their projects from within a facility, creative studio or in the client’s on-site location.