Quality Assurance & Parcel Service RepresentativeApply Job ID 25445 Date posted Mar. 17, 2023 Location Effingham, Illinois
Quad is currently hiring Essential Workers who want to make a difference - Imagine more than you have today. Your career starts here. Be greater than you thought possible and reap the rewards of your success and growth. We are in the business of developing people. Promotions are based on your performance – You are in charge of your career!
Quad in Effingham is seeking a Quality Assurance & Parcel Service Representative to grow with us! Our compressed work schedule is geared toward balancing work and family life. You will work 3 to 4, 12-hour days a week with opportunities for overtime (OT paid after 40 hours per week). These shifts rotate every 4 months from days to nights or from nights to days.
At Quad, the wage range for this position is between $18.00 - $21.00 / hour depending on experience. You have immediate opportunities to advance – driving you to be better than yesterday. In addition, we value and reward manufacturing experience by providing a competitive wage. As your career progresses, there are multiple upward paths available, as we are continuously looking for our next group of leaders to excel within the organization. Quad prides itself on having a grow-from-within philosophy where employees are provided the opportunity to learn in their roles and grow within the company.
Effingham is a one-stop, full-service specialty operation capable of printing commercial and direct mail products with full personalization capabilities and in-house mail services. In addition, Effingham has total scheduling flexibility due to its large capacity, and interchangeable presses. Direct Marketing offers concept-through-delivery services, including just-in-time marketing strategies, creative development, and creative and workflow, solutions, as well as online communications deployment and comprehensive print production and distribution, all driven by data. Our employees and their families have access to an onsite medical clinic. We offer competitive pay, health, dental, pharmacy, life insurance, 401k, vacation, and other great benefits, including a compressed work schedule where you work half of the year!
Quad is a Wisconsin-based company, which is among the largest magazine and direct-mail printers in the U.S. Our company leverages its strong print foundation as part of a much larger, robust integrated marketing services platform that helps marketers and content creators improve the efficiency and effectiveness of their marketing spend across offline and online media channels.
Quad is closely following the 2019 Novel Coronavirus Disease (COVID-19) and implementing processes that promote the safety of our employees, candidates, customers, and communities. We follow CDC and local health authorities, and federal and state governments along with best practices and recommendations from our healthcare subsidiary, QuadMed.
BE YOUR OWN SUCCESS STORY. BE SOMETHING GREATER. BE QUAD.
- Accurately fulfilling customer orders through the packing of products, receiving of shipments, and processing shipments of the completed product to the appropriate location.
- Support and document quality practices in the printing and binding of client publications.
- Partner with the manufacturing department on the production floor while providing hands-on support in evaluating the product to ensure quality expectations are met.
- Measure and communicate product quality to business and manufacturing partners.
- Accurately select, pack, seal, label, and affix postage for customer products according to works instructions accomplished by utilizing operating systems.
- Monitor and maintain inventory (product & supplies) and inform appropriate internal contacts when the product is low.
- Collaborate with internal departments to ensure appropriate packaging and labeling requirements are met.
- Measure and communicate product quality to business and internal production partners.
- Process outgoing shipments; including but not limited to, facilitating the return process with Customer Service, preparing shipping documents, recording required shipping information, and tracking discrepancies.
- Actively participate and follow all Safety regulations, policies, and initiatives. Including performing daily maintenance inspections and reporting any issues of concern to the appropriate leader.
- Work independently to identify and resolve problems with minimal assistance.
- Complete work according to priorities and on time.
- Maintain a clean and organized work area and plant floor.
- Prior printing and binding experience is preferred, and experience in quality control is a plus.
- Certified to drive a forklift and operate other powered equipment.
- Ability to use a pallet jack or mechanical pallet jack.
- Ability to follow verbal and written instructions.
- Work effectively with co-workers and all other internal/external contacts.
- Understand and use basic math skills, read a ruler, and understand measurements in both fractions and decimals.
- Proficient understanding of basic computer skills, including Microsoft Outlook and Excel.
- The ability to use scissors and tape gun.
- Demonstrated ability to establish and achieve strategic goals.
- The ability to work a 12-hour shift, rotating from days to nights and nights to days every 4 months ( 7 am – 7 pm or 7 pm – 7 am).
- The ability to lift to up to 50 pounds, reaching, bending, walking, standing, stooping, pulling, and pushing with or without reasonable accommodation is required.
Categories at a glance
Explore available opportunities by job type, click each to learn more.
Develop sales strategies to help solve our clients’ challenges and grow their business.
Concept and design compelling campaigns and products for leading retailers, publishers and brand marketers.
Develop plans to buy and schedule media to support clients' marketing objectives from print to digital media and broadcast.
Manage client relationships and their projects from within a facility, creative studio or in the client’s on-site location.
Make an impact in strategic administrative roles that include information technology (IT), accounting, legal and marketing.
Make quality print products in a highly automated and technologically advanced environment.
Drivers & Logistics
Create customized distribution solutions to move freight on-time, every time, delivering on customers' needs.
Electrical & Mechanical
Be a problem solver and join a team that ensures our facilities, offices and equipment are running efficiently.
Gain real-work experience through internships and trainee programs with strategic entry-level opportunities.
The importance of caring for one another, runs deep. It is at the heart of our healthcare and wellness programs, our retirement plans, all of our benefits. It's how we build rich, balanced lives for ourselves and our families, at work and at home.
From the very beginning, Quad has been defined by the people who work here. Our values, our skills, our creativity – it has all grown from those very first days in business, passed from worker to worker, built on the relationships – the trust – between us. All the presses, computers and technology; all the buildings; all the resources; none of it matters without the people who make Quad work.