Skilled Print OperatorsApply Job ID 25057 Date posted Jan. 23, 2023 Location Effingham, Illinois
Quad is currently hiring Essential Workers who want to make a difference - Imagine more than you have today. Your career starts here. Be greater than you thought possible and reap the rewards of your success and growth. We are in the business of developing people. Promotions are based on your performance – You are in charge of your career!
Our compressed work schedule is geared toward balancing work and family life. You will work 3 to 4, 12-hour days a week with opportunities for overtime (OT paid after 40 hours per week). These shifts rotate every 4 months from days to nights or from nights to days.
At Quad, we value and reward manufacturing experience by providing a competitive wage. Individuals with print experience can have a starting wage of up to $27 / hour. You have immediate opportunities to advance – driving you to be better than yesterday. In addition, we value and reward manufacturing experience by providing a competitive wage. As your career progresses, there are multiple upward paths available, as we are continuously looking for our next group of leaders to excel within the organization. Quad prides itself on having a grow-from-within philosophy where employees are provided the opportunity to learn in their roles and grow within the company.
Effingham is a one-stop, full-service specialty operation capable of printing commercial and direct mail products with full personalization capabilities and in-house mail services. In addition, Effingham has total scheduling flexibility due to its large capacity, and interchangeable presses. Direct Marketing offers concept-through-delivery services, including just-in-time marketing strategies, creative development, and creative and workflow, solutions, as well as online communications deployment and comprehensive print production and distribution, all driven by data. Our employees and their families have access to an onsite medical clinic. We offer competitive pay, health, dental, pharmacy, life insurance, 401k, vacation, and other great benefits, including a compressed work schedule where you work half of the year!
Quad is a Wisconsin-based company, which is among the largest magazine and direct-mail printers in the U.S. Our company leverages its strong print foundation as part of a much larger, robust integrated marketing services platform that helps marketers and content creators improve the efficiency and effectiveness of their marketing spend across offline and online media channels.
Quad is closely following the 2019 Novel Coronavirus Disease (COVID-19) and implementing processes that promote the safety of our employees, candidates, customers, and communities. We follow CDC and local health authorities, and federal and state governments along with best practices and recommendations from our healthcare subsidiary, QuadMed.
BE YOUR OWN SUCCESS STORY. BE SOMETHING GREATER. BE QUAD.
Quad in Effingham is seeking Skilled Print Operators in various areas within our Press and Bindery departments, including but not limited to: First and Second Press Operators, Sitma Poly Wrapper, Cutters, Die Cutters, Folders, Inline and Offline mailers, and Inserting machines. These positions are responsible for the setup and operation of Press equipment to customer-supplied specifications while maintaining production by planning and organizing jobs and continuously monitoring quality. Additionally, operators are responsible for the cleanliness and keeping the press maintained mechanically. Some positions will have direct reports.
Responsibilities Also Include:
- Planning and organizing jobs by reviewing schedules and job tickets, identifying priorities, assigning roles, and maintaining production records
- Monitoring signature quality by setting and monitoring color, maintaining the register, fold, and compensation, and identifying and correcting problems.
- Setting up/operating equipment by setting up press computers, units, folders, and auxiliary equipment and performing preventative maintenance.
- Participating in training and teaching, assisting all positions, and working with customers and the business plan.
- Experience with the following Press & In-Line Finishing equipment: Heidelberg Harris M1000, M110 26 ½” Mini Web, and 2x4 8-unit Presses. Sheffler/WPM Rotary cutter and WPM Die Cutter, remoist, hot melt gluing, and UV experience are also a plus! Bindery equipment to include: Buhr envelope Inserting, MBO Folders, Polar Cutters and Die Cutters, Sitma Poly wrappers, Labelaire label applicators, and C& E Poly Banders. Please note, we will consider applicants that have a history of operating other types of related print equipment.
- 2-3 years of previous Press Operator experience, including the ability to web up press, be able to match the product to the sample from the customer is required.
- Strong mechanical aptitude is required.
- Must have eye/hand coordination when inside the unit while making adjustments.
- Must have the ability to utilize the computer to ensure the quality of the product.
- Ability to lift 10-15 pounds continuously, ability to lift to 70 pounds occasionally, stand long hours (12-hour shift), use hands and wrists continuously in controlled movement, receive and follow instructions and use vision to identify defects.
- 12-hour rotating shifts (either 7 a.m. - 7 p.m. or 7 p.m. - 7 a.m.) including days, nights, weekends, and holidays. working 3 - 4 days a week
The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
Categories at a glance
Explore available opportunities by job type, click each to learn more.
Develop sales strategies to help solve our clients’ challenges and grow their business.
Concept and design compelling campaigns and products for leading retailers, publishers and brand marketers.
Develop plans to buy and schedule media to support clients' marketing objectives from print to digital media and broadcast.
Manage client relationships and their projects from within a facility, creative studio or in the client’s on-site location.
Make an impact in strategic administrative roles that include information technology (IT), accounting, legal and marketing.
Make quality print products in a highly automated and technologically advanced environment.
Drivers & Logistics
Create customized distribution solutions to move freight on-time, every time, delivering on customers' needs.
Electrical & Mechanical
Be a problem solver and join a team that ensures our facilities, offices and equipment are running efficiently.
Gain real-work experience through internships and trainee programs with strategic entry-level opportunities.
The importance of caring for one another, runs deep. It is at the heart of our healthcare and wellness programs, our retirement plans, all of our benefits. It's how we build rich, balanced lives for ourselves and our families, at work and at home.
From the very beginning, Quad has been defined by the people who work here. Our values, our skills, our creativity – it has all grown from those very first days in business, passed from worker to worker, built on the relationships – the trust – between us. All the presses, computers and technology; all the buildings; all the resources; none of it matters without the people who make Quad work.