Associate Creative DirectorApply Job ID 15520 Date posted Oct. 08, 2019 Location Flower Mound, Texas Full Time / Part Time Full time (FT)
- Must exemplify a 5-tool creative performer: Creative (thinker, doer, leader), Collaborative (internally/externally), Conceptual (a passion for the big idea), Client Facing (endeared to client and needs), Growth Cultured (is culture forward and looks for avenues for growth)
- Must embrace the primary role of leading creative output within business groups and manage the development of final projects that communicate the organization’s marketing objectives to the consumer or associates
- Uses experience and big picture thinking to help clients consistently deliver their message with cost effective solutions within budget by utilizing various cross campaign tactics and strategies
- Oversees the creative and strategic development of marketing and promotional materials, including print, radio or television campaigns; photo art direction; collateral; digital execution/ideas; and internal and external corporate publications
- Attends Client turnover meeting to gather critical information and participate in strategizing by making recommendations for the creative functions of the projects to meet the marketing objective, combat competitive threats and to support the strategic campaigns
- Assures timely communication with all parties of project directions and design of the projects with rough concept/layouts, to help communicate the wants and needs for the project. This includes sketches or making a rough digital comp along with detailed notes and insights to the campaigns and direction of the program
- Will supervise illustrators, graphic designers, copywriters, photographers and production artists on projects
- Is expected to strategize, design, and even produce high-end results
- Proposes creative concept and media strategies for new projects that may include various current avenues of communications to keep with the evolving member communications outlets and presents those ideas/concepts to clients to gain approval
- Prepares inspiration for concept using digital assets including scanners and or digital cameras
- Manage, critique and direct client proofs to provide brand consistencies and ensure brand standards are followed by all internal and external parties
- Ensure that our high quality of creative and production is upheld, by maintaining high standards for themselves and others on the team
- Assist in project and/or client customer service needs
- Assist in finding efficiencies for the department
- Must have strong project management skills, ability to think strategically and manage multiple priorities, anticipate demands, coordinate stringent deadlines and properly estimate time for work
- Work closely with the creative director on print advertising, packaging concepts and other projects as assigned
- Manage the creative caliber and brand consistency for the account
- Lead and assist in creating all concept work as requested by client and presenting material to client
- Aid in the selling of creative work to client
- Monitor day-to-day creative activity from a high level to assist client in maintaining the brand
- Look for new, relevant ideas to help grow client's business
- Provide creative leadership and direction on all client materials
- Perform other responsibilities, as they are developed/defined
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Communications, Graphic Design or Advertising
- 10+ years of experience in a creative capacity with previous roles as a copy or art director highly desired; 5-7+ years of experience in art directing, copywriting or similar agency background
- Ability to speak, read and write in the English language
- 5 plus years of experience as a Mac Operator
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience leading others
- Desire to continue education through trade shows, seminars, special courses, etc.
- Ability to demonstrate competency in layout sketching and typography in a portfolio
- Ability to critique for accuracy in page building
- Demonstrates the ability to perform well and remain organized under pressure and tight deadlines
- Knowledge of printing, prepress, digital output. Preflight and packaging of files necessary
- General advertising, marketing, media, TV and radio terminology and processes
- Knowledge of the web, digital/mobile, and ftp technology
- Knowledge of POS and store signage
- Knowledge of technical solutions and troubleshooting techniques
- Experience interacting with marketing and branding divisions in large companies
- Expert familiarity with visual design process and visual design principles
- Familiarity with digital proofing systems (Network and Online)
- Must have a body of work that would represent quality, strategic alignment, and creative prowess
- Possesses skills and the ability to work internally as well as directly with clients
- Must be articulate, charismatic and a skilled presenter of creative work
- Exceptional listening skills to properly assess the needs of our clients
- Competitive spirit and strong work ethic
Categories at a glance
Explore available opportunities by job type, click each to learn more.
Develop sales strategies to help solve our clients’ challenges and grow their business.
Concept and design compelling campaigns and products for leading retailers, publishers and brand marketers.
Develop plans to buy and schedule media to support clients' marketing objectives from print to digital media and broadcast.
Gain real-work experience through internships and trainee programs with strategic entry-level opportunities.
Make an impact in strategic administrative roles that include information technology (IT), accounting, legal and marketing.
Make quality print products in a highly automated and technologically advanced environment.
Be part of a team that drives our success.
Electrical & Mechanical
Be a problem solver and join a team that ensures our facilities, offices and equipment are running efficiently.
Manage client relationships and their projects from within a facility, creative studio or in the client’s on-site location.