BookkeeperApply Job ID 16689 Date posted Feb. 04, 2020 Location Flower Mound, Texas Full Time / Part Time Full time (FT)
The primary role of the Bookkeeper is to be responsible for specific administrative functions relating to generation of, posting and tracking accounts payable and paying accounts payable for Quad. The Bookkeeper is also responsible for specific administrative functions relating to generation of, posting and tracking accounts receivable and collecting accounts receivable for Quad. The Bookkeeper is also responsible for any other miscellaneous duties that pertain to supporting the accounting function of the company.
The Bookkeeper is expected to:
- Input all vendor invoices that are production related in order to accurately bill jobs
- Work with corporate service specialist to resolve discrepancies with vendor invoices and purchase orders
- Input all vendor invoices that are media related in order to accurately bill media campaigns
- Work with media buyer to resolve discrepancies with vendor invoices and insertion orders
- Input all vendor invoices for company operating expenses
- Download the FEDEX statement and input it daily
- Scan all invoices and electronically attach them in the current accounting software
- Issue checks for vendor invoices and media invoices as the associated accounts receivable is paid by the client
- Electronically send daily positive pay file to bank and resolve exceptions
- Maintain accounts payable files yearly by vendor
- Process production advance billing invoice to client as required
- Process production invoice to client as job is completed per task schedule
- Process media invoice to client per media buyer directive
- Process contract invoices per schedule
- Send all invoices electronically as processed to appropriate client service personnel for distribution or mail to client if required
- Post bank deposit daily (from direct pays to bank and bank lockbox) received from Director of Accounting
- File job folders by client until invoice is paid and then destroy the file
- Maintain accounts receivable files yearly by client
- Reconcile bank statements monthly by account
- Prepare OBR reports for Director of Credit bi-weekly by client
- Provide back-up support for Receptionist as needed
- High school education or equivalent
- Ability to speak, read and write in the English language
- 1-2 years’ experience in the field or related area
- Has knowledge of commonly-used concepts, practices, and procedures within the field
- Relies on instructions and standard operating procedures to perform the functions of the job
- Works under immediate supervision
- Experience with Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Proficient and accurate in keyboarding
- Proficient and accurate in 10-key
- Experience with laser printing devices
- Experience with Quickbooks Financial software, if applicable
- Travel as required
- Temporary assignments (out-of-town)
Additional Company Information:
We offer excellent benefits to eligible employees, including 401(k), holidays, vacations and more.
Quad/Graphics is an equal employment opportunity employer. The Company’s policy is not to unlawfully discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, age, military or veteran status, disability, genetic information or any other consideration made unlawful by applicable federal, state, or local laws. The Company also prohibits harassment of applicants and employees based on any of these protected categories.
Drug Free Workplace
Categories at a glance
Explore available opportunities by job type, click each to learn more.
Develop sales strategies to help solve our clients’ challenges and grow their business.
Concept and design compelling campaigns and products for leading retailers, publishers and brand marketers.
Develop plans to buy and schedule media to support clients' marketing objectives from print to digital media and broadcast.
Gain real-work experience through internships and trainee programs with strategic entry-level opportunities.
Make an impact in strategic administrative roles that include information technology (IT), accounting, legal and marketing.
Make quality print products in a highly automated and technologically advanced environment.
Be part of a team that drives our success.
Electrical & Mechanical
Be a problem solver and join a team that ensures our facilities, offices and equipment are running efficiently.
Manage client relationships and their projects from within a facility, creative studio or in the client’s on-site location.