Broadcast Media BuyerApply Job ID 18584 Date posted Jan. 14, 2021 Location Flower Mound, Texas Full Time / Part Time Full time (FT)
Quad is seeking a Media Buyer who will be responsible for placing, confirming and monitoring a client’s media orders to ensure the clients’ advertising program is executed flawlessly. You will provide a high level of service to the assigned accounts by acting as the liaison between the vendors and the client and by providing timely and accurate information to the client on daily account issues. Specific responsibilities are listed below:
- Verify vendor rates, quantities, space, and materials reservations.
- Provide regular reporting to the client as it relates to media buying inclusive of budgeting/forecasting, cost scenarios, and executed program details inclusive of quantity and cost.
- Use expertise and relevance to client, in creating optimal media plans for client’s approval based on media distribution data such as rates, market feedback/competitors, product type, distribution method, day of week availability, etc.
- Conduct competitive studies and provide competitive reports to client.
- Solve billing discrepancies with vendors and maintain billing adjustments.
- Negotiate rates/annual agreements with smaller vendors.
- Negotiate make-goods with vendors that do not execute the media plan as instructed.
- Provide recommendations/POV’s on media products and opportunities that come up in the normal course of business. Use expertise and relevance to client, in creating optimal media plans for client’s approval based on media distribution data such as rates, market feedback/competitors, product type, distribution method, day of week availability, etc.
- Communicate with media account manager/supervisor regarding work flow, priorities, challenges, successes or any other information necessary to ensure best practices are followed
- Timely response to client requests and inquiries.
- Utilize time management skills to prioritize work flow without sacrificing quality of work.
- Some contact with client(s) may be required regarding the placement of their media program.
- Bachelor’s or Associate’s degree required, preferably in Marketing, Advertising, Business or related field.
- One year of media buying or related media experience required, preferably in. Broadcast
- Proficient with all Microsoft Office applications, including spreadsheet and/or database software.
- Ability to communicate effectively with clients and across all levels of the organization both verbally and in writing.
- Strong customer service orientation with demonstrated ability to handle client’s concerns and resolve appropriately.
Additional Company Information:
We offer excellent benefits to eligible employees, including 401(k), holidays, vacations and more.
Quad/Graphics is an equal employment opportunity employer. The Company’s policy is not to unlawfully discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, age, military or veteran status, disability, genetic information or any other consideration made unlawful by applicable federal, state, or local laws. The Company also prohibits harassment of applicants and employees based on any of these protected categories.
Drug Free Workplace
Categories at a glance
Explore available opportunities by job type, click each to learn more.
Develop sales strategies to help solve our clients’ challenges and grow their business.
Concept and design compelling campaigns and products for leading retailers, publishers and brand marketers.
Develop plans to buy and schedule media to support clients' marketing objectives from print to digital media and broadcast.
Gain real-work experience through internships and trainee programs with strategic entry-level opportunities.
Make an impact in strategic administrative roles that include information technology (IT), accounting, legal and marketing.
Make quality print products in a highly automated and technologically advanced environment.
Be part of a team that drives our success.
Electrical & Mechanical
Be a problem solver and join a team that ensures our facilities, offices and equipment are running efficiently.
Manage client relationships and their projects from within a facility, creative studio or in the client’s on-site location.