Creative DirectorApply Job ID 19750 Date posted Jun. 09, 2021 Location Flower Mound, Texas Full Time / Part Time Full time (FT)
The Creative Director is required to act as the creative visionary thought leader for our client’s business in the development of all creative “work products” from concept through execution. The CD will ensure all work pushes creative boundaries to a higher standard, on-strategy and within brand guidelines. The CD oversees the creative team to guide development of creative product for some of our largest clients. This includes site-specific creative staff management and creative oversight to off-site/division creative teams. Creative teams consist of Associate Creative Directors, Art Directors, Graphic Designers, Production Artists and Copywriters. Influencing, directing and inspiring ideas of the greater creative teams is expected.
Our CD must build rapport and partnerships with on and off-site account executives to make sure the client's needs are being met and the creative goals are on track. Ultimately the Creative Director will be the central creative force to reimagine marketing across multiple channels and disciplines engaging our client’s target and encouraging them to shop.
- Communicates and creates overall “team” creative vision by defining the direction and goals for the group
- Assumes ultimate accountability for the design and copy quality of all work product both digital and print
- Provides creative leadership and brand expertise between creative (copy and art), studio, production and other support groups both internally and externally in the development of strategically smart creative solutions that meet (and exceed) client expectations
- Formulate creative strategies and concepts that provide consumer insights based solutions
- Participate in research utilizing focus groups, interviews, and internet search
- Be able to engage and drive the target to action through digital and mobile channels
- Must possess and understand principles of print for retail advertising (Circular, Direct Mail, ROP, etc.
- Has clear understanding of latest trends in traditional and digital marketing and their use in both for the in-store environment and for mobile
- Is well versed in current Social Platforms and how to best implement each for the brand
- Plays a primary role in client presentations and consistently demonstrates a high level of ability to sell an idea; responds to questions and clearly communicates the Ivie point of view
- Provides thought leadership by evaluating, challenging and suggesting alternatives to the ideas and work product within their group
- Actively seeks out innovation within the marketing discipline and acts as the guiding force for their teams in identifying opportunities
- Helps to develop and adheres to processes and procedures addressing workflow, operational and quality issues within team and across other departments
- Actively participates in staff planning, selection, performance management, career development, employee relations and related HR matters in accordance with agency policy and procedures for the respective business. Will visit client and client/division teams to help establish rapport and partnerships to foster creative influence.
Appropriate education and/or experience may be substituted on an equivalent basis
- Bachelor’s degree in graphic design, retail design or publication design experience
- 10-12 years working in a creative leadership role (retail or agency), 8-10 years managing a group, 5-7 years’ experience in a retail environment
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Knowledgeable of advertising, marketing and media terminology and processes with an emphasis on retail marketing
- Able to multitask and manage projects
- Able to work well with others
- Has strong decision making skills
- Able to speak, read and write in the English language
- Has good communication skills both written and verbal
- Is aware and constantly learning of advertising and graphic design trends
- Has a firm understanding of tactics typically utilized in a retail environment (both digital and brick and mortar)
- Able to perform well and remain organized under pressure and tight deadlines
- Desire to learn via trade shows, seminars, special courses, etc.
- Experienced in creating cohesive, multi-channel content experiences with a record of leading campaigns and brand experiences with measureable results
- Knowledgeable of digital (web, interactive, and social media), print production process, broadcast production (TV, Video and Radio production), Photo Art Direction.
- Able to lead a full team of creative professionals and outside resources.
- Knowledgeable of retail marketing and advertising principles
- A Positive attitude and a strong work ethic
- Knowledge of technical solutions and troubleshooting techniques
- Expert ability in industry standard software (InDesign, Illustrator and Photoshop), Microsoft Office Suite, Keynote and Power Point. Experience with web platforms and building for the web is preferred.
- Competency in layout sketching and typography in a portfolio of relevant work examples.
- Expert familiarity with visual design process and visual design principles
- General advertising, marketing, media, TV and radio terminology and processes
- Knowledge of POS, retail promotions and solutions for signage/wayfinding
- Experience interacting with marketing and branding divisions in large companies.
Additional Company Information
We offer excellent benefits to eligible employees, including 401(k), holidays, vacations and more.
Quad is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and values diversity. We are committed to creating a place of belonging — a space where employees do not need to sacrifice who they are to exist and grow in our workplace. Quad does not discriminate on any unlawful basis including race, religion, color, national origin, disability, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Quad also prohibits harassment of applicants and employees based on any of these protected categories.
Drug Free Workplace
Categories at a glance
Explore available opportunities by job type, click each to learn more.
Develop sales strategies to help solve our clients’ challenges and grow their business.
Concept and design compelling campaigns and products for leading retailers, publishers and brand marketers.
Develop plans to buy and schedule media to support clients' marketing objectives from print to digital media and broadcast.
Gain real-work experience through internships and trainee programs with strategic entry-level opportunities.
Make an impact in strategic administrative roles that include information technology (IT), accounting, legal and marketing.
Make quality print products in a highly automated and technologically advanced environment.
Be part of a team that drives our success.
Electrical & Mechanical
Be a problem solver and join a team that ensures our facilities, offices and equipment are running efficiently.
Manage client relationships and their projects from within a facility, creative studio or in the client’s on-site location.