Digital Creative DirectorApply Job ID 17299 Date posted Jun. 16, 2020 Location Flower Mound, Texas Full Time / Part Time Full time (FT)
The Digital Creative Director is the creative visionary thought leader and digital strategist for our client’s business in the development of social/digital content from concept through execution. Innovative and strategically focused, our Digital CD is our champion in creating compelling experiences, based on best-practices, that conceptually and visually define our client’s initiatives, while ensuring we deliver against stated goals and objectives. The Digital CD collaborates closely with our creative leadership, digital team, creative staff and internal/external digital partners to craft cohesive and on-brand campaign executions that connect across all digital channels–UI/UX, social and video. A dynamic and engaging personality with the ability to bring energy and excitement when presenting our capabilities, strategies and ideas. The role of the Digital CD sets the creative strategy/direction and execution through unique digital storytelling, developing impactful creative and is ultimately responsible for managing, conceptualizing and designing our creative teams’ digital output.
Our Digital CD must build rapport and partnerships with on and off-site account executives, broadcast & photographic production teams to make sure the client's needs are being met and the creative goals are on track. Ultimately the Digital CD will be the central creative force to reimagine marketing across multiple channels and disciplines engaging our client’s target and encouraging them to shop.
- Communicates and creates overall “team” creative vision by defining the direction and goals for the group
- Assumes ultimate accountability for the design and copy quality of all work product created for digital and social video
- Provides creative leadership and brand expertise between creative (copy and art), studio, production and other support groups both internally and externally in the development of strategically smart creative solutions that meet (and exceed) client expectations
- Dynamic. Plays a primary role in client presentations and consistently demonstrates a high level of ability to sell an idea; responds to questions and clearly communicates the Quad point of view
- Drive an overarching consumer-centric approach to digital design and creative, across all creative stages from strategy and planning through concepting and design to final production
- Concepting digital-first creative initiatives
- Directing and approving creative executions across the digital space
- Determining the best way to represent an idea digitally and optimizing creative based on data
- Produce design concepts, mock-ups and prototypes to support development of digital innovations
- Maintain an excellent knowledge of emerging trends in digital design, together with an understanding of leaders in design
- Interpreting creative briefs and data to deliver concepts that meet and solve business challenges
- Participate in research utilizing focus groups, interviews, and internet search
- Is well versed in current Social Platforms and how to best implement each for the brand
- Provides thought leadership by evaluating, challenging and suggesting alternatives to the ideas and work product within their group
- Actively seeks out innovation within the marketing discipline and acts as the guiding force for their teams in identifying opportunities
- Helps to develop and adheres to processes and procedures addressing workflow, operational and quality issues within team and across other departments
- Actively participates in staff planning, selection, performance management, career development, employee relations and related HR matters in accordance with agency policy and procedures for the respective business. Will visit client and client/division teams to help establish rapport and partnerships to foster creative influence.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to interact with co-workers, vendors and clients, communicating in person, remote, by teleconference or via telephone.
- Bachelor’s degree in graphic communications, retail design or extensive broadcast experience. Appropriate education and/or experience may be substituted on an equivalent basis
8-12 years working in a digital creative leadership role (retail or agency), 5-8 years managing a group, 5-7 years’ experience in a fast-paced environment.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Knowledgeable of advertising, marketing and media terminology and processes with an emphasis on retail marketing
- A strong, dynamic portfolio of projects that elevated a brands digital experience
- Deeply familiar with the digital design process and adaptable to a range of timeline and feasibility constraints
- Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite and knowledge of other tools/platforms for digital design/animation/prototyping
- Excited by and thrive in a fast-paced, deadline driven and ever-evolving environment
- Must be a team player with the ability to work independently
- Able to multitask and manage projects
- Has strong decision-making skills
- A positive attitude and a strong work ethic
- Able to speak, read and write in the English language
- Is aware and constantly learning of advertising and graphic design trends
- Experienced in creating cohesive, multi-channel content experiences with a record of leading campaigns and brand experiences with measurable results
- Knowledgeable of digital (web, interactive, and social media), print production process, broadcast production (TV, Video and Radio production), Photo Art Direction.
- Able to lead a full team of creative professionals and outside resources.
- Knowledgeable of retail marketing and advertising principles
- Knowledge of technical solutions and troubleshooting techniques
- Expert familiarity with visual design process and visual design principles
- General advertising, marketing, media, TV and radio terminology and processes
- Experience interacting with marketing and branding divisions in large companies
- Has good communication skills both written and verbal
You'll work in a friendly, fast-paced, casual environment and be rewarded for your contributions with a competitive compensation package and our commitment to supporting work-life balance. We offer excellent benefits to eligible employees, including 401(k), holidays, vacations and more.
Quad/Graphics is an equal employment opportunity employer. The Company’s policy is not to unlawfully discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, age, military or veteran status, disability, genetic information or any other consideration made unlawful by applicable federal, state, or local laws. The Company also prohibits harassment of applicants and employees based on any of these protected categories.
Drug Free Workplace
Categories at a glance
Explore available opportunities by job type, click each to learn more.
Develop sales strategies to help solve our clients’ challenges and grow their business.
Concept and design compelling campaigns and products for leading retailers, publishers and brand marketers.
Develop plans to buy and schedule media to support clients' marketing objectives from print to digital media and broadcast.
Gain real-work experience through internships and trainee programs with strategic entry-level opportunities.
Make an impact in strategic administrative roles that include information technology (IT), accounting, legal and marketing.
Make quality print products in a highly automated and technologically advanced environment.
Be part of a team that drives our success.
Electrical & Mechanical
Be a problem solver and join a team that ensures our facilities, offices and equipment are running efficiently.
Manage client relationships and their projects from within a facility, creative studio or in the client’s on-site location.